Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should there be a transfer window for managers?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
And today if your club is spinning towards relegation then you couldn't change players to try and avert it.

Are transfer windows for players also a "absolutely not" for you?

I'm against transfer windows altogether. It restricts freedom of movement of individuals to choose when and where they can or can't change the employer they want to work for.

Football does operate slightly differently from other employment law; however the Employer already has protection in place for the loss of a valuable asset/employees. It's called a " Transfer Fee" . Very few others industries have such protections in place for employers who's staff are "head hunted" by a potential new employer.

So essentially I am totally against all legislation which restricts the right of an individual to chose where they apply their labour.

For me it's simply an Employment Law issue

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
For me it’s about sporting integrity. It feels like Chelsea, City etc. are cheating / buying success. Yes managers and coaches should be included in transfer windows.

Last edited:

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Absolutely Not.

If your club was spinning towards Relegation then you couldn't change Management to try and avert it.

And for Managers themselves especially those out of work you would be restricting them to set periods when jobs / work for them would become available.

Nobody's saying you couldn't sack a manager and hire another out-of-work manager. Or promote someone from within. You just wouldn't be allowed to **** somebody else's season in a desperate attempt to save your own.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes there should, for the simple reason that in order to keeper our season on track we will now have to fuxk some other club over like we've been fuxked, and that's not the way it should be.

Players are restricted on the timings of when they can move, so why shouldn't the window apply to managers too?

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
And presumably it will now be happening all over again because we’ll almost certainly have to do the same thing to another club. It is grossly unfair on all clubs effected, so much so, that there should be some sort of rule change to stop teams like Chelsea doing this type of thing ever again. If the managers could only swap in the transfer windows then maybe Chelsea would have done this in the summer, if not then wait to January. They have potentially ruined 3-4 clubs season.

Exactly. I wouldn't even allow the January window. Just pre season, its far too much of a disruption. There is nothing wrong with replacing/demoting a coach internally, or for that matter employing a new member of staff who is not currently employed, but if a club wants a contracted coach (not forgetting this invariably means the assistants as well) they must wait until the season is over.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Nobody's saying you couldn't sack a manager and hire another out-of-work manager. Or promote someone from within. You just wouldn't be allowed to **** somebody else's season in a desperate attempt to save your own.

Precisely.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I think there should be, or transfer fees similar to players are involved (which counts for FFP). People might think twice about sacking and going for another manager if its going to cost them £50m. Plus the compensation to the sacked manager. Never going to happen though.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm against transfer windows altogether. It restricts freedom of movement of individuals to choose when and where they can or can't change the employer they want to work for.

Football does operate slightly differently from other employment law; however the Employer already has protection in place for the loss of a valuable asset/employees. It's called a " Transfer Fee" . Very few others industries have such protections in place for employers who's staff are "head hunted" by a potential new employer.

So essentially I am totally against all legislation which restricts the right of an individual to chose where they apply their labour.

For me it's simply an Employment Law issue

However, if you didn't have the transfer window then it would play into the hands of the rich clubs who could buy up rivals star players right up to the end of the season. Imagine Man City playing Liverpool on the last day of the season, the winner getting the title and 3 days before the UAE dump a load of oil money into the lap of Salah, Nunez and Diaz and they leave Liverpool. It was bad enough when the window went right through to March.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
However, if you didn't have the transfer window then it would play into the hands of the rich clubs who could buy up rivals star players right up to the end of the season. Imagine Man City playing Liverpool on the last day of the season, the winner getting the title and 3 days before the UAE dump a load of oil money into the lap of Salah, Nunez and Diaz and they leave Liverpool. It was bad enough when the window went right through to March.

FFP is designed to stop that. So if the Regulatory Bodies enforced that properly it shouldn't happen but they don't but that's another issue altogether.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
FFP is designed to stop that. So if the Regulatory Bodies enforced that properly it shouldn't happen but they don't but that's another issue altogether.

Unfortunately we don't live in an ideal world so we have to make the most of reality. Footballers know the situation and I'm pretty sure most are happy with it.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
I saw someone post this question on another thread.

Assuming Potter goes, why should our season be turned upside down just because Chelsea sacked their manager?

There should be a rule that if a club wants to sack someone mid-season they can only appoint a new manager who is currently not under contract with another club.

If managers were to be 'transferred' then TB could have extracted £100M from Chelsea. Its a yes from me

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Not sure how Chelsea stole your manager, he chose to leave after being offered the job, no-one put a gun to his head.

Clubs can sack a manager at moments notice, why can't manager's be allowed to leave in the same way if another job comes along?

Transfer window won't work, what if he loses the dressing room and the players aren't playing for him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here