Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Selling Spurs?

Would we shift 9000 tickets?

• Total voters

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Unlikely. It would be different in our L1 or championship days where we probably would sell out for the a ‘big day out’ to London but this is hardly an attractive fixture after our few years in the PL.
I’d expect us to sell 5 to 6k though irrespective of price and ko time.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Might not get 9000 at the Amex:D

Mind you, if Barbs speaks to Levy and it’s £20. Bring it on at the new WHL

It was two thirds full today although for some reason Spuds had said it would be a reduced capacity for the match. Tickets were £20 adults and £10 kids so can't see them being over the normal £30 (although you can never tell with Levy!!).

Even if it is £30, small price to pay to go to probably the best stadium in the EPL.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I may go to this.

Haven’t been away since Wembley City Semi final and before that the year before we were promoted.

If I can’t get a ticket, I will try and get a Town vs Barnsley ticket instead. More likely to as my brother is a gold ST a member and I haven’t got any points apart from ST at brighton!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If on TV no, if not on TV yes

Trying to think when we're ever taken 9k away. MK Dons few years back took 7k

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
You also need to factor in how many the Albion are actually going to ASK for. Based upon the response on here so far, they may only be confident in selling 5K - or even less. No time available to gauge demand, as tickets need to be on sale asap after the match date and time are fixed.

Last edited:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
People are still nervous of Covid and some are also a bit skint after Christmas.
Maybe if they discount the tickets to about £20 I reckon we could take as many as 6000.
There's more chance of a decent turn out because it's at Spurs new stadium and people want to see it.

If it was at Arsenal or West Ham I think we would get a few less.

n.b. West Ham were selling tickets for their 3rd round game against Leeds starting at £10 for adults and £1 for kids.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Unlikely. It would be different in our L1 or championship days where we probably would sell out for the a ‘big day out’ to London but this is hardly an attractive fixture after our few years in the PL.
I’d expect us to sell 5 to 6k though irrespective of price and ko time.

And long distance:

6,400 at Villa Park in Jan 2010.
6,000 at Anfield in Feb 2012 (the Dunk keepy-uppy game).

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Trains are not great for this one from Brighton.

If on sat will take 2 hours to any London station.

If on Sunday will be a bus for part of journey if trying to get past redhill.

Will struggle to sell 5k never mind 9k.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There aren't a lot of stand-out ties in the 4th round, so I can easily see ours being picked for TV, along with Kidderminster v West Ham, maybe Everton v Brentford, Forest v Leicester, and Man U v Boro (OBVS), if they get through.

If the trains are twatting about that weekend then I'd probably prefer that they bump it to Friday or Monday, and I'll just take a day of work and make a day of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here