Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
20220706_135503-01.jpeg

You will :D

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Another vote for the zoo. Outstanding - and I’m not usually that keen on zoos. We’d only arrived the night before so were massively jet lagged, yet ended up spending the entire day there and loved every minute.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Many many thanks for replying and giving such a good run down, we are staying in the Sheraton Hotel & Marina. We are going for 4 days for my 50th, so defo won't be able to cover everything but will be visiting USS Medway for sure as we are both aviation freaks
Just checked on Google, and it'll be about a 45 min walk from your hotel to the Midway Museum so, unless you're avid walkers, I would recommend a tram or Uber to get to Downtown etc.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agreed SD easy to get around. And between Uber & Bolt you’ll almost always be able to get taxis cheaply.

Also the baseball is great, the selection of food and drink is immense

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good food choices across especially Italian, Mexican (well californian version of it) and seafood, if you are into war stuff the aircraft carrier is worth a visit. Be prepared to be shocked at the amount of homeless on the streets.
Homelessness in the USA is endemic, makes no difference which city you go to.

Unless USA change their health policies it will never end

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
I haven't visited for a decade unfortunately, but as others have said, the zoo is outstanding, and I found Balboa Park, in which the zoo is set, to be fascinating. There are tons of old buildings and attractions left over from early 20th century fairs and expositions, plus a lot of the city's museums are there. Next: Are you a beer drinker? If so you are you will probably be happy to be in one of the best beer towns in America - truly a beervana. As for beach stuff: La Jolla is nice, but I also liked Ocean Beach which has (had?) a chill, surfer, hippieish vibe. If you have have a car I would go north to Torrey Pines which is a gorgeous State Beach. And you might want to look into a longer excursion north east to Anza-Borrego Desert State Park. It might be a tad early for a wildflower explosion, but you never know: there's been a lot of rain this month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here