Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami Hyypia resignation <totally unsubstantiated rumour>

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Dress it up however you like, but we're still at the arse end of the division without a win in 8 games and have a strike force that can't score a goal !
But it's ok because we got a squad packed with internationals, they'll be quite good in league one i should think !

It hasn't escaped my notice and we may well continue to struggle but thats not because they are "journeymen" or the club hasn't funded an expensively paid squad certainly on par in terms of experience, wages and pedigree with previous seasons at the Amex.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Stockdale is £1m+ Prem Lge goalkeeper. Has appeared in England squads. And played in Champ promotion winning team.
We also have the most promising young goalkeeper in the UK, who played for Englands winning u20 team during the break.
Hughes, Greer represented their countries during the week.
Bruno is an ex La Liga defender and his last two seasons helped Albion to the play- offs 2 years in a row.
Bennett is a £2.5m rated Prem Lge right back.
JFC is a 20 year old first pick for our impressive u21 England team.
Dunk is a highly rated young centre back having his best season for the club.
Holla has an experienced highly rated defender in top division of Holland.
Texeira has played for the Portugal u21s.
Our forwards have plenty of experience in La Liga, were top scorer in L1 last season and a prolific Champ scorer respectively.
Solly March is a highly rated Eng u21 midfielder.
Paddy McCourt is an experienced international midfielder.
Dale Stephens is £1m+ experienced midfielder. Player of the season at his previous Champ club.
and KLL, CMS, Chicksen. Even Agustien is a Prem League midfielder.

This a not a squad of "journeymen" by any definition. And some of them are injury prone. Some of them find it difficult to be consistent. And some of them have not shown signs of their previous form with the Albion either last season or this. And we also, and have no reason to think Bloom has changed things at all, in the most recent accounts had the 8th most paid squad in the league.

Can the manager get them to play/win matches/ earn points?
Oscar did even if some on here think his tactics were frustrating and "boring".

Sami , so far, hasn't except in fleeting moments (Leeds, Bolton, Burton Albion, Cardiff, Forest)

The idea however that Albion are doing things "on the cheap" and have a weak squad just doesn't stand up however you stack it up.

So what was the value of the team put out yesterday? If Bloom is paying the 8th highest wage bill in the division then he's lost his touch, Augustein, McCourt, Togo, Calderon (although we love him), Bruno, O'Grady, Ankergrem are what top players and havn't been better in their careers? As for U21s and highly rated players, that's subjective. You can't make a silk purse from a sows ear. Perhaps Barber has convinced Bloom that he's wearing the emperors new clothes. The whole thing is deteriorating and our position, current form and more so the body language that I read yesterday tells me that what you say above is a nonsense. I see with my own eyes and its not very good, starting from the boardroom down. Tony is not some idol and is not beyond reproach, he will get things wrong and he and his management team are responsible for our current situation, which may become even worse after Tuesday.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
It hasn't escaped my notice and we may well continue to struggle but thats not because they are "journeymen" or the club hasn't funded an expensively paid squad certainly on par in terms of experience, wages and pedigree with previous seasons at the Amex.

So if it's not the players, it must be the manager and his tactics?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here