Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Ronnie O'sullivan speaks the truth

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
Turns out The Captain was trash talking the Rocket by accusing him of 'snotting' all over the table and it's surrounds. Blowing his nose on the baize. Incredibly poor if true but surely the TV camera's would have picked this up?
Following the encounter, Carter was quick to hit out as O'Sullivan's "disgusting" actions during the match, accusing him of "snotting all over the floor".

There were a couple of things that happened out there that go unnoticed," Carter said.

Well, they don't go unnoticed but anyone with an eyesight or a brain can see what's going on. And it's disgusting quite frankly.

No-one wants to say anything, do they? Snotting all over the floor and all that."

O'Sullivan was visibly angry after hearing of the claims by Carter

Source Sky Sports

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If O’Sullivan hates the game and the players he “ has “ to play, why does he enter the competitions?

as good as he is, he feeds on the yob culture that seems to follow him around

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
What was Ronnie playing at yesterday with that respotted black ?
The ref had sorted the problem out (the ball rocking off its spot ) then Ronnie says he “doesn’t feel Comfortable “ potting the available red .
Not sure what point he was making but it didn’t do him much good .
I’m a big Ronnie fan but he got that all wrong

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
The ref had sorted the problem out (the ball rocking off its spot ) then Ronnie says he “doesn’t feel Comfortable “ potting the available red .
I love watching Ronnie play but jeez, he's a bit of a knob, isn't he? Strikes me that he's not a very nice person really.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I love watching Ronnie play but jeez, he's a bit of a knob, isn't he? Strikes me that he's not a very nice person really.
He won’t get any nicer as it dawns on him that he’s a fading force

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Think i read something saying he felt if the black had been re-spotted correctly, then the red wouldn't pot. He turned it down as an act of sportsmanship by refusing a ball that was on which he felt shouldn't have been available (even if by potting it meant he'd have gone on to win the frame) meaning that he doesn't believe in 'win at all costs' / take advantage of opportunities when they shouldn't exist, etc

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Did you watch the incident? They explained it pretty well, TBF. It was simply good sportsmanship.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Thhink i read something saying he felt if the black had been re-spotted correctly, then the red wouldn't pot. He turned it down as an act of sportsmanship by refusing a ball that was on which he felt shouldn't have been available (even if by potting it meant he'd have gone on to win the frame) meaning that he doesn't believe in 'win at all costs' / take advantage of opportunities when they shouldn't exist, etc
Yes, curiously that’s the narrative.
Although at the point when he played the shot, the ref was happy that the black ball was placed correctly. So that doesn’t really stack up.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Did you watch the incident? They explained it pretty well, TBF. It was simply good sportsmanship.
Several times. As I couldn’t understand the sportsmanship thing. It doesn’t make sense, when you think it through.
Crucially, by the time he played the shot it was established that the black was in the correct place. So whether the black had previously rocked in , or out, of his favour was irrelevant by this point.
So why the need for ‘sportsmanship’?

Ronnie cynics would say it was a roundabout way to undermine the ref. Going by the way he spoke to her later, they may have a point. He’s a weird person. Captivating viewing though.

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Used to be a huge fan. Now I think he's a bell end.

Didn't like that having a go at the ref. Proper toxic masculinity on show.

Certainly don't like his obvious desire to hoik snooker out to the middle east for a bit more money. A massive sell out to the game that has given him everything

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Judge for yourself people .

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Several times. As I couldn’t understand the sportsmanship thing. It doesn’t make sense, when you think it through.
Crucially, by the time he played the shot it was established that the black was in the correct place. So whether the black had previously rocked in , or out, of his favour was irrelevant by this point.
So why the need for ‘sportsmanship’?

Ronnie cynics would say it was a roundabout way to undermine the ref. Going by the way he spoke to her later, they may have a point. He’s a weird person. Captivating viewing though.
The referee tried to get him out of his seat several times to play a shot whilst people were still coming in and moving in his eye line. I think he was well within his rights not to get out of his seat and wait until she had things under control. All he said to her was chill, nothing rude.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The referee tried to get him out of his seat several times to play a shot whilst people were still coming in and moving in his eye line. I think he was well within his rights not to get out of his seat and wait until she had things under control. All he said to her was chill, nothing rude.
Absolute shambles 😂😂😂

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Used to be a huge fan. Now I think he's a bell end.

Didn't like that having a go at the ref. Proper toxic masculinity on show.

Certainly don't like his obvious desire to hoik snooker out to the middle east for a bit more money. A massive sell out to the game that has given him everything
easy to shout toxic blah blah but the point he was making was proved 1 min later when the bellends still couldnt keep the door shut.

This wasnt toxic masculinity at all , it was 2 humans exchanging and he was proven correct . I think he did well to not snap further as the door wasnt under control

Appreciate this doesnt fit the agenda we all need to campaign for though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here