Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Risk-taking Roberto De Zerbi looks a gift for Brighton and the Premier League

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Potter moaning he never had an Amex atmosphere like last Saturday well Mr Potter your team hardly ever won at home. The build up play was often slow and ponderous with an end result of not putting the ball in the net from two yards out.
RDZ has bags of touch line energy the team and supporters will respond to it, we will get louder and the team will play better really looking forward to games ahead.
Potter remarked about the atmosphere and as many have said he'd not known anything like it in his time here. He wasn't "moaning" about it.
And RDZ struggled getting his team to get the ball in the net from a few yards out against Spurs and Forest at the Amex only a couple of weeks ago.

I think he's a great exciting coach and Potter is likewise - but this crude demonisation of him into one box "slow and ponderous" and RDZ as sort of the polar opposite "bags of energy" when they are actually very similar in terms of tactics, the press, playing out from the back, etc) is a bit crude.
Agree. If we had been thumped by Chelsea it would've been a 'Sorry Brighton have lost Potter and look to have made a mistake with RZB after no win in his first games.'

Well, You only have to look at NSC for the perfect example of people changing views on a game by game basis.
But Again. There isn't "the media" speaking with one voice , there are countless national, local broadcasters, journalists, and pundits. For the most part , their reporting of the Albion, its history, players, tactics is knowledgeable, full of insight and far better than some on NSC give it credit for. And complaining that they don't "understand us" or that we're always "under the radar" is quite a tired old grievance that for some reason we can't quite shake off as fans.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I disagree. If my bike doesn't get me to the pub comfortably because of a slow puncture, it is easy to identify the problem and fix it. If I'm Jason Kenny and want to make my competition bike a bit faster, it's much more of a challenge.
Ha - speak for yourself. I had four separate punctures on the way to work last week (hedge clipping season), and after I thought I had fixed them all, the tyre still went down before I came home, and I couldn't find the leak anywhere. But, yes, I suppose the problem was easily remedied by throwing it away and getting a new one (tube, not bike).

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Potter remarked about the atmosphere and as many have said he'd not known anything like it in his time here. He wasn't "moaning" about it.
And RDZ struggled getting his team to get the ball in the net from a few yards out against Spurs and Forest at the Amex only a couple of weeks ago.

I think he's a great exciting coach and Potter is likewise - but this crude demonisation of him into one box "slow and ponderous" and RDZ as sort of the polar opposite "bags of energy" when they are actually very similar in terms of tactics, the press, playing out from the back, etc) is a bit crude.

Well, You only have to look at NSC for the perfect example of people changing views on a game by game basis.
But Again. There isn't "the media" speaking with one voice , there are countless national, local broadcasters, journalists, and pundits. For the most part , their reporting of the Albion, its history, players, tactics is knowledgeable, full of insight and far better than some on NSC give it credit for. And complaining that they don't "understand us" or that we're always "under the radar" is quite a tired old grievance that for some reason we can't quite shake off as fans.

You need to get over Potter and move on.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022

Agree with this, if we had lost to Chelsea NSC would've been a very different place this, I include myself in this as after Saturday my optimism levels have massively increased. It's the beauty of football and football fans in general, we are all a fickle bunch whose mood will swing dramatically often based on just one result.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
It's a flattering piece but the example of De Zerbi using Gross at RB being a wild "shift of gears" shows the lack of knowledge of the team in the previous 12 months.
I thought that but then she goes on to say, 'He will have been helped by the fact Potter frequently used players out of position'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here