Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rio Ferdinand: “If you said Caicedo came in...he’s not getting you off your seat.”

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rio was a good footballer, with the odd gaffe in him on big occasions but he is not the sharpest pencil in the case as a pundit. In fact he’s a bit shit at it. I wouldn’t hang on a word he says personally :shrug:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
"He would be a GREAT signing for Man utd, a GREAT signing for Man utd, but he isn't getting you off your seat".

Sorry. Context again.
So he’s never got you off your seat? Rio is talking shit, or maybe getting fans off their seats at Old Trafford needs to be at a higher level than at the Albion :shrug:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So he’s never got you off your seat? Rio is talking shit
He literally said he is a great player.

He is clearly saying the breaking news of signing Caicedo would not get Man Utd fans going crazy when it's a central striker they are all desperate for.

He's not talking about getting you up off your seat DURING a game.

PLEASE watch the clip. It's such a weird thing to be offended by/criticise but that's football.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He literally said he is a great player.

He is clearly saying the breaking news of signing Caicedo would not get Man Utd fans going crazy when it's a central striker they are all desperate for.

He's not talking about getting you up off your seat DURING a game.

PLEASE watch the clip. It's such a weird thing to be offended by/criticise but that's football.
No player has ever got me off my seat when I’m not at or watching a game, unless I have to move for him :smile:

It’s a shit analogy

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sure he won’t beat three players with amazing dribbles three or four times a game, but that’s not his job

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think he's just referring to Caicedo in the context of them needing a number 9. He thinks he's a good prospect.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
He's not a player with silky skills - rarely scores or dribbles past players so he's right but Caicedo is one of the best defensive midfielders in Prem

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I mean, for context he was referring to what Man Utd need and how the signing they are all desperate for is a centre forward, so he is right that a dm probably wouldn't get the excitement levels up, no matter how good he is.

But context is boring so "BOOOOOOOOOO"

Agree to a point of some context being lost, but then he also said "...unless Bellingham came through the door... or Mbappe or someone like that in another position that aint number nine... them boys* are getting you mad hyped."

*quite possibly "dem boyz"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If De Zerbi was Man Utd manager he would be thinking "If I sign Caicedo then I immediately get more production from Rashford, Bruno Fernandes, Sancho, Anthony because they will get more of the ball in better positions."

And that's the point. De Zerbi gets it, Rio doesn't.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Who care what he thinks....

Is he putting his hand in his pocket to buy him, No...

Is he a manager, No....

Is he just another dull soccerballer thieving a living on the pundit circle, Yes....

Irrelevant comment on every level, it is just an opinion, why get upset by it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I totally get what he’s said - he’s not a Mitoma off your seat player. If you had 11 of them you’d lose every game you played though!

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Surprising because Rio is relatively close to the club with his son a the Academy so you'd think he knows exactly what Moises brings to the table. Really do think he's the signing that would put Chelsea right back into the top 4 conversation, unfortunately.
Maybe Rio trying to help keep Caicedo at Brighton 🤔

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Mason Mount though? Wouldn't you just leap up with joy at his sheer... ummm. I don't know, let's say competence?

RF's right though. As brilliant as Moises is, we saw at Wembley, that they are not crying out for defensive midfielders. They played a whole midfield of them. They do very much need a goalscorer. All of their budget should have gone on Kane and that's what Ferdinand is hinting at.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Article in the Guardian today that made me smile for a couple of reasons:
1) Man Utd qualifying for the ECL gave Maguire an automatic pay rise, which makes it even harder for them to offload him; &
2) They think that they can get C£100m for Maguire, Fred and Elanga combined. £100m! Could you imagine if they offered us those three in exchange for Moises, or had tried to get Rice from West Ham?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here