REMF 5 - The Results

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dandyman

In London village.
Well done to everyone involved and a special mention to Chappers for managing to adopt an even camper pose than Andy:

remf5_05.jpg

Dandyman

In London village.
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
What's that on my face?

I hate to think. Could you have developed a nose bleed ?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The ground didn't really lend itself to taking people out, it was far too hard for sliding on. Plus I couldn't get near to most of them pacey bastards down my side and in the second half I was sweeping up and we dominated so no real joy there either.

TOTKM

Jul 7, 2003
get off your fckin line more often then Pete!!!
Apologies if I offended you!!
Great game though, thanks for covering my screw ups Chappers!

TOTKM

Jul 7, 2003
Their no 9, diver and wingeing brat, was the only issue with their lot. Other than that they were a good bunch. Just hope they will be able to keep the interest up and get a team for next year.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As long as there is a Brighton team and Palace team happy to play each year and somewhere to play it, I am happy to carry on sorting it out. It means a lot to the Eatons and we keep the fund going and are making a profit so I see no reason to end it. The good will and banter at the event shows what can be achieved with our " rivals " and to let this annual event finsih would be a shame imho.

We will always follow the wishes of the Eaton family however.

Ok the gates are lower but 150 is still 4 x most sussex fa clubs average gate and to get £ 1200 is a great result.

Next year I hope we can play at Withdean and have already asked the club if this can be pencilled in. Next year I want some " faces " , some Brighton players , celebs. As it stands with the best will in the world and advertising, Argus x 2, BHAFC match programme, 1500 flyers, Southern FM , NSC, CPFC Forum, the crowd is 99% friends, family, partners and work colleagues. To get " Joe public " to come along we need something extra than the match , no matter how good it is.

I will be working on ideas for REMF 6 and welcome suggestions. I plan to start planning around January 2007.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
What's that on my face?

ewwwwwwww! looks like a bit of dust momentarily blew onto the lens. when my arm is better i'll airbrush it out. only i couldn't bear it if this little flaw in the processing meant that people were going around saying "poor lad, and ginger too".

;)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ash Blonde Chappers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports