Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Referee

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Thought ref was ok today but seemed like in last 20 mins was determined to give every decision to Chelsea.
This.

To be honest, with the crowd, it was 12 vs 11 for most of the match. As you observed, the ref inexcusably equalled it up and joined Chelsea’s ranks on about 70mins and gave us sweet FA. Luckily, we were too good and too far ahead for the official’s horrific decisions to take affect.

The ref was a ****.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Very annoying but it’s also possible that we did give away a lot more niggly fouls late on as the legs got tired.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Disgraceful show from Madley, so very obviously inconsistent, giving them absolutely every slight touch of contact, but giving us absolutely nothing. Truly disgraceful performance, like a brown envelope was passed at half time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Disgraceful show from Madley, so very obviously inconsistent, giving them absolutely every slight touch of contact, but giving us absolutely nothing. Truly disgraceful performance, like a brown envelope was passed at half time.
Do you think Chelsea will want their money back? :wink:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The level of referring has been awful all season. No consistency and buying every everything.. Just because a player falls over under pressure does not mean it’s a foul

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Top 6 corrupt cheat like most of them - absolutely shockingly biased. The one v Forest was thick as shit to the time wasting too - piss poor standard now..

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Every time a Chelsea player thought they were in danger of losing the ball they just slump to the floor at slightest brush of contact from one of our players, and the ref bought it every time. Gave them so many free kicks. 3 or 4 times in the last quarter of the match Mitoma, Tross, or Enciso closed down a Chelsea defender with the ball and the ref couldnt wait to give them a free kick.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
A couple of dreadful calls when we won the ball in the middle and were ready to break but the worst was in the NW corner, Chelsea defender facing the stands, Brighton player jogs over, Chelsea player sits down, foul.

These fouls get given all the time and I absolutely hate it, I'd love to show a ref one of these decisions and ask if he'd be giving a penalty for the same offence.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Cucurella wiped out Solly, rather than let him get past for the 1000th time.
Ref played on and failed to give Cucurella the yellow card after the advantage was over.

Pretty poor all game.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Are you referring to my signature? It's just a link to an image with instructions for how to report posts on the old NSC. I probably should change it now.
I think that is the case Where I ve sent the site into dark mode
perhaps it’s now more visible as I ve never noticed it previously :alien:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Thought the ref was poor. He didn't get any major decisions wrong because there weren't any to make however he consistently gave them fouls for the merest contact but didn't reciprocate for us.

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
He seemed to change after half time, Maybe he got a call from PGMOL reminding him of his job.
He seemed to let Chelsea have everything, but I'm sure or Chelsea's version of this they'll be moaning he didn't do enough.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
A couple of dreadful calls when we won the ball in the middle and were ready to break but the worst was in the NW corner, Chelsea defender facing the stands, Brighton player jogs over, Chelsea player sits down, foul.

These fouls get given all the time and I absolutely hate it, I'd love to show a ref one of these decisions and ask if he'd be giving a penalty for the same offence.
100% this. I was apoplectic over this decision right in front of us and exactly the sort of thing refs have been instructed to let go more this season (not that he needed to because it wasnt a foul). The last half hour or so was extraordinary, fortunately it didn't cost us and just ramped up the atmosphere another notch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here