Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ's pre-Bournemouth press conference

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Interesting to see who skippers the side if Dunk and Gross are both out.

Really hoping it’s Lallana, felt we missed his creativity last night. RDZ quite rightly managing his minutes.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Agreed …I looked at those odds for last nights match and thought they were a bit crazy for basically a two horse race ..and even more so considering our non existent experience in Europe, as against the opposition.

Again I feel Sundays are attractive for a punt (one you hope to lose lol)… but maybe a draw
It's a three-horse race - the draw was a bigger runner than an AEK win (about 6-1 I think).

They basically work out the draw/away odds as a function of the shortest price, so if a home team is 1-5, like we were last night, the draw/away odds will always be around 6-1 and 14-1.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's a three-horse race - the draw was a bigger runner than an AEK win (about 6-1 I think).

They basically work out the draw/away odds as a function of the shortest price, so if a home team is 1-5, like we were last night, the draw/away odds will always be around 6-1 and 14-1.
I was happy to take those crazy odds ..but would gave been happy to lose

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But if you look at the predictions, it is going to be sunny and warm, no rush for a 2 o'clock kick off, time for a few leisurely beers after and home in time for a Sunday roast. A surefire winner :thumbsup:
We are, therefore, doomed. DOOMED.

Doomed.

Jimmy Grimble

Did he mention Mitoma? He seriously needs a rest.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Did he mention Mitoma? He seriously needs a rest.
Does he? Serious question. I don't know. The thing is with flair players like him is that they tend to be really good or (look) really bad with often little or nothing in between and no apparent reason. He could win us the Bournemouth match single handedly or almost so or he could be a passenger. I guess if he does need a rest that RDZ will know and do the right thing. Could be a difficult call, though. Imagine the meltdown here if RDZ left him out and we drew or lost.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Sorry to be a buzzkill, but I am far less confident about Bournemouth this week than I was about Utd last weekend.

It's not just the injuries...

Bournemouth have looked better than their results would suggest so far this season.

They will also have had a whole week to prepare compared to 2 days for us. Thursday evening fixtures are well-renowned for having a significant impact on EPL team performances/results for the following gameweek and this will be our first experience of having to handle this.
I actually think having a physical tough game might work in our favour . Bournemouth won’t be as physical.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Think we’ll see Webster in for JPVH or Igor, which is a bit worrying - hopefully this is Websters redemption game. Veltman is a MUST

Would like to see Mitoma rested, he’s looked below his standards for a while. Fati out wide please, he didn’t look good with JP in 10 role against AEK.

Be great to get a glimpse of Beleba,

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
for me last weeks man u game was the bet of the week , i just didn't see us losing that one , Bmuff were a bit of a bogey side for us with Howe in charge , i just got a funny feeling we'll draw this or worse....i am happy to be completely wrong.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The realities of European football are dawning on some in this thread…

I think we’ll see something like

Verbruggen

Veltman - Webster - Igor - Pervis

Baleba - Dahoud

Buonanotte - Pedro - Adingra

Welbeck

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here