Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ out

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Its a results based job and frankly the results of late have been shockingly poor. 1 win in 9, can't score, can't defend, the team looking a complete shambles at times, all this is the responsibility of the Manager and his team and they don't seem really invested in our club to the point of making it quite obvious. Injuries aside RdZ should be able to tailor his tactics to match the resources at his disposal, he doesn't time and again and stubbornly refuses to adapt which shows a huge weakness in his managerial style. TB is no fool and neither is he afraid to make tough decisions, If RdZ continues to fanny around keeping his options open and making vague statements about his future whilst continuing to serve up this turgid shite we've had the last 2 months then he can f*** off as far as I'm concerned, one things for sure - TB and PB will have his replacement already lined up and ready.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If that is the case, then this is a really big fall from grace from a team that finished 6th last year. Yes we lost Ali MAc and Caidcedo but this meant millions to play with and we still had an array of good players.

If this happens, it's a failure of board level which is an incredible thing to say seeing as we are so well run. Paul Barber should quit going on Talksport and getting his arse licked by serial arse licker Jim White. Sick of all these self-aggrandising, self serving platitudes when our manager and players have been serving up such awful, weak crap for months.
It’s difficult to sustain the model of buying young and cheap, selling once developed at a huge profit, rinse and repeat. Buying expensive players comes with its own risks though (ask a fee current championship clubs).

It’s also difficult to maintain consistent progress as a smaller club. Did you really think we would have topped last season after selling Mac and Caicedo?

Also, some of the profits from selling our star players presumably repaid a portion of Bloom’s massive loan to the club.

My point is occasional relegation battles, mixed with the odd exceptional season (like last) and mostly moderate seasons should be looked on as success.

It is possible that playing in Europe is the very peak of this club, in our lifetimes. So if we are in a relegation battle next season - and I expect we will be going on the past few months - we should, as fans, roll with those punches.

Hopefully we will get through the forthcoming rebuilding phase and come again.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
It’s difficult to sustain the model of buying young and cheap, selling once developed at a huge profit, rinse and repeat. Buying expensive players comes with its own risks though (ask a fee current championship clubs).

It’s also difficult to maintain consistent progress as a smaller club. Did you really think we would have topped last season after selling Mac and Caicedo?

Also, some of the profits from selling our star players presumably repaid a portion of Bloom’s massive loan to the club.

My point is occasional relegation battles, mixed with the odd exceptional season (like last) and mostly moderate seasons should be looked on as success.

It is possible that playing in Europe is the very peak of this club, in our lifetimes. So if we are in a relegation battle next season - and I expect we will be going on the past few months - we should, as fans, roll with those punches.

Hopefully we will get through the forthcoming rebuilding phase and come again.
I see your broader point but right now the players don't believe in their coach and I would have hoped that TB and PB would have managed the club better than to allow us to get into a relegation battle if that's what happens. Lets hope not!

No I didn't think we would top last season at all. It's been the manner of the abject performances in 2024 that angers me and makes me worry for next year. We are weak, slow, one dimensional and it shouldn't be that bad.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I see your broader point but right now the players don't believe in their coach and I would have hoped that TB and PB would have managed the club better than to allow us to get into a relegation battle if that's what happens. Lets hope not!

No I didn't think we would top last season at all. It's been the manner of the abject performances in 2024 that angers me and makes me worry for next year. We are weak, slow, one dimensional and it shouldn't be that bad.
Yes,

I think Rdz will leave by mutual consent at the end of the season.
I think Potter will come back. Not a bad choice to oversee a rebuild imo.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Yes,

I rate the guy as a manager and think he did a good job with us, but I can't think of a worse option than having Potter back.

I'd prefer the club to appoint a public toilet as our new manager.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
RDZ has said some things that have been very disrespectful to the fans. Like the excuse that the players had no motivation - isn’t that his job?

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
Since the speculation of the club apparently talking to the Russell Martin camp, Saints performances have taken a real dip...three defeats in a row.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
, If RdZ continues to fanny around keeping his options open and making vague statements about his future whilst continuing to serve up this turgid shite we've had the last 2 months then he can f*** off as f
It seems that the journos smelt a bit of blood in the water and decided to push the angle that RDZ wasn't happy here and linked him to every job or non-job going.
He could have killed this saga stone dead in one presser, not let it rumble on.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I rate the guy as a manager and think he did a good job with us, but I can't think of a worse option than having Potter back.

I'd prefer the club to appoint a public toilet as our new manager.
Thing is, if we got a manager who favours a cavalier style (Rdz) we could end up in a world of pain. Because we don’t have the players to deliver on it.
Not saying potter is the answer , but maybe a different ( more pragmatic?) style is needed to get us through the phasing out of gross, dunk, welbeck etc. that’s going to be a massive and different challenge in itself

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Thing is, if we got a manager who favours a cavalier style (Rdz) we could end up in a world of pain. Because we don’t have the players to deliver on it.
Not saying potter is the answer , but maybe a different ( more pragmatic?) style is needed to get us through the phasing out of gross, dunk, welbeck etc.
I think by most standards Potter is a pretty attacking or cavalier manager. Put De Zerbi next to pretty much anybody and they'll look like arch pragmatists. We won't be pushed for choice if we're looking for "attacking football but with some sense of the importance of defending".

I'll be surprised if we get somebody who I'm vaguely familiar with.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It was clueless today again by RDZ.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Yes,

Holy shit,.. that would be the last thing that Bloom is likely to do, and the last thing most fans would tolerate.... even worse than than the very underwhelming options of Martin or McKenna.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here