Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Random Snowy Request

jimmygull

Mar 22, 2012
Hi all, sorry I know this is a bit random, but I also know you kind folks will have the knowledge! My kids finish school today at lunch and I want to take them somewhere for a snowy walk. We are in Hove and there has been bugger all. I see the temps are rising at the weekend so I figured this could be the last chance for them to see some wintery scenes if it hasn't all melted already! Can anyone recommend a good place to go for a walk for max snow visual impact! I was thinking Firle Beacon or similar to get up high. Any suggestions, hugely welcome, thanks all!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
beacons sound good but get some intel on the road up to them. from Brighton, Ditchling beacon maybe good idea as you approach from the flat side.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Jack and Jill Windmills (lane is slippery, recommend parking at Clayton Rec at the bottom of the hill and walk up the footpath perhaps) to Ditchling Beacon along the SDW and beyond……great views South and North plus added bonus of a great view of the Amex from the Beacon.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Whilst I can't offer the same specifics as above, I drove over to Brighton from Worthing yesterday and, from the A27, it looks as though you won't have to go far north at all to still find plenty of the white stuff.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You could try the Old Railway in Hangleton. Best to get to the high bit so once over the A27 bridge turn right and go up the steep path. You'll then be high up and able to connect to the Dyke Golf course which will be a great walk regardless of snow.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It's a long way but I'd also say Ashdown Forest. Drove through Crowborough Tuesday and the road was clear except for the odd abandoned car but the fields were wonderful. Filmed the return through tree lined roads that felt like driving through a tunnel of snow.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Ditchling Beacon still has a decent covering judging from my mates photos of his bike ride this morning.
Park at Stanmer lodges and wander up the pathway that you can follow all the way to the Beacon (cross over the road at the end of the woods) - they should have a blast up there.

jimmygull

Mar 22, 2012
Brill! Thanks for all the great advice as always, tempted with Ashdown Forest, sounds like it is worth the drive! Cheers all!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just been for a jog....

SDW3.jpg

SDW1.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here