Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Prize money for finishing 6th in the Premier League this season

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Trolley bus, and yes, I'm old enough to remember them in the Old Steine.

@drew Yesterday Bozza posted a link to where Bloom had already offset the Europe qualification bonus with another company, so that's already in the pot.

@Icy Gull don't forget Sanchez going the other way.
True, and if he is pissed off with being on the bench for us “he knows nothing“ :lolol:

Trolley bus, and yes, I'm old enough to remember them in the Old Steine.
It appears to be on rails, although that could be a disused tram track. There are some great pics on https://www.mybrightonandhove.org.u...s-and-trolley-buses/trams_and_trolley_buses-2

Screenshot_20230526-122507.png

Is the Hare and Hounds still there? If so, they need those pics hanging inside!

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
At c£2.2m per place, starting with Championship-bound Southampton and working up, the Albion will pick up a cool £33m for our ASTOUNDING 6th place finish.

How much does a monorail cost? Asking for a friend.
That should cover the baulk of the staff bonuses....

Croydon tramlink cost £200 million 23 years ago so I suspect a similar project would be 5 or 10 times that cost now.

Not sure it would be feasible but brighton being a compact city with high population density would be an ideal candidate for a tram network, I wonder if its very been considered??
Should be for pollution more than anything else.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
We must have enough assets at the club to sell off to build a monorail. It might mean dropping back down to League 2 for a bit, but I'm OK with that, I miss those days in a strange sort of way. We can just run the whole story of the last 25 years again. By 2048 we'll be back in the Premier League and playing in Europe, but with a monorail. I'm sure all the new fans / Japanese etc would stick with us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We must have enough assets at the club to sell off to build a monorail. It might mean dropping back down to League 2 for a bit, but I'm OK with that, I miss those days in a strange sort of way. We can just run the whole story of the last 25 years again. By 2048 we'll be back in the Premier League and playing in Europe, but with a monorail. I'm sure all the new fans / Japanese etc would stick with us.
All Tony has to do is add 'The Monorail Clause' into the deal when he sells the club to North Korea.
That way we don't have to deal with relegation and there will be a readymade workforce to all the hard work

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If only somebody had the vision to ringfence money for it, it worked for the spanking new ground up the road

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Monorail, schmonorail....how about running the full every 10 minute rail service on evenings and Sundays, given that most of our games are going to be then?

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
How much does a monorail cost? Asking for a friend

Don't know about mono rail but a ski gondola system would be upwards of £45million for typical 5mile stretch carrying about 3000 person per hour pending on terrain. Believe the Thames O2 one was about £60 million....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here