Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League Player and Manager of the season

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Whilst I agree with this [spit], I would also say that the circumstances he inherited actually helped. It was the easiest thing in the world to have a clear-out of dead wood because the contracts were up - no need to find a buyer or pay them off. He had about as clean a slate to start with as you can get.

Hats off though - he's still done a great job and deserves his place on the shortlist.

Recency bias suggests De Bruyne is a shoo-in, though Salah has been more consistent. I'd say KdB by a nose (being on the probable winning team as the clincher).

Klopp for the manager gong for me. Arguably Frank just based on Brentford's current position, but Brentford's form prior to the coup of signing Eriksen was shite. Knowing a good player who is available due to very exceptional circumstances doesn't strike me as part of the criteria for the award...
Smug Eddie can get in the sea.

Yep, I agree with that. I've got Vierra as fourth on the list behind Klopp, Frank and Guardiola. I'd have Moyes above him too.

It really should be a straight fight between KDB and Salah. I thought City would struggle to replace David Silva but KDB is even better. And Salah is Salah.

That said I'm still getting behind Cucurella for the hattrick of awards!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is this award for the Premier League Manager of the year (ie. awarded for achievement IN the Premier League)? Or an award for the best performing manager overall?

If the former then Frank deserves a lot of credit. If it is the latter then how can you possibly look past the guy who might win EVERY trophy available? Moyes - most of the season in the top 6, and into a Europa League semi final, should absolutely be on the list.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Player: KDB - what a player!! Astonishingly good, my favourite non Albion player these days;

Manager: Frank - odd character but I thought they were certain to go down even after their good start. I appreciate the unlikely signing of Eriksen has helped but still, that is a very average squad he's got to mid table.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If it is the latter then how can you possibly look past the guy who might win EVERY trophy available?

And even if they don't, they will still have played every single match it is possible to play in one season AND finish either 2nd or 1st in the PL. Much as it pains me to say it, that is quite some achievement.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Whilst we're on this subject, they've also announced the Young Player of the Year shortlist. What do we think?

young player.PNG

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Son should be out of the running for this alone. Pathetic cheating to55er.

[tweet] 1505609741841620996 [/tweet]

That is worthy of a thread to itself. That's absolutely pathetic - he even starts falling over before the ball reaches him. And it was hardly kicked with any venom was it - it trickled towards him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Player: KDB - what a player!! Astonishingly good, my favourite non Albion player these days;

Manager: Frank - odd character but I thought they were certain to go down even after their good start. I appreciate the unlikely signing of Eriksen has helped but still, that is a very average squad he's got to mid table.

Brentford are a little bit like Brighton.. they've been building for this for years and were well prepared. Narrowly missing out a few times just helped them gather those 15 or so PL level players you'll need in order to stay up. Next season will be tougher, especially if they lose Toney, but they know what they're doing and I think they'll remain a PL team for some time.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
That is worthy of a thread to itself. That's absolutely pathetic - he even starts falling over before the ball reaches him. And it was hardly kicked with any venom was it - it trickled towards him.

Lovely chap.

[tweet] 1524837140072386592 [/tweet]

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Salah and Guardiola for me.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Young POTS - Phil Foden
Signing of the Season - Aaron Ramsdale
Chant of the Season - Premier League, you're having a laugh :lolol: (to Norwich fans)

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Either TAA (should be a playmaker not a fullback) or Son for player. - surprised no Man Utd players on list����
Manager - Howe - took a team heading down, bought ‘journeymen’ players in January now in ‘champions league place’ form

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here