Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 16-18/9/22

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Couple of weeks ago when I read about him destroying opponents in his first few teams with their U23 side, I imagined he was a talent but obviously remarkable to debut at that age.

Doesn't mean a lot though - much hard work left to do. If you look at the 10 youngest players before him - https://www.football-stadiums.co.uk/articles/top-10-youngest-premier-league-players/ - the majority of them didn't really live up to the hype.

Think clubs might be a little better to manage the psychological aspect of this these days though.

Gun shot

Ready to be fired
Oct 3, 2020
In a holster
A very emphatic win and a rare clean sheet to boot. So often when the game's won, the concentration goes and the Gooners concede late on.

These are heady days. With Emile Smith-Rowe, Martin Odegaard, Reiss Nelson, Cedric Soares and Mohamed Elneny still to come back from injury, I am very optimistic of finishing in the top four at the very, very least. The faith shown in Mikel Arteta is starting to bare fruit. Chelsea fans - give Graham Potter time and keep your patience. He will give them success.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Think they might have their best season in many years but will struggle against City etc. and also don't have the squad depth in some positions to challenge for the title.

Top four will be an OK target for them, but not for quite a few of their entitled fanbase.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
A very emphatic win and a rare clean sheet to boot. So often when the game's won, the concentration goes and the Gooners concede late on.

These are heady days. With Emile Smith-Rowe, Martin Odegaard, Reiss Nelson, Cedric Soares and Mohamed Elneny still to come back from injury, I am very optimistic of finishing in the top four at the very, very least. The faith shown in Mikel Arteta is starting to bare fruit. Chelsea fans - give Graham Potter time and keep your patience. He will give them success.

I'm not sure that we really give a damn to be honest. :albion2:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Some of the football I’ve watched this weekend has featured some pretty crap teams tbh.. Or is it how good we have got ?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Just thinking the same. Extraordinarily shit timing for Potter to **** off.

I'm more in camp "sad timing" than "bad timing".

Brighton sitting with 6 or 7 points and perhaps having several underperforming players or something like that would be bad timing as the new manager would have to spend a lot of time solving problems and finding points rather than implementing his strategy. As it stands, I think for Brighton it is the second best possible timing (obviously just after a season would be preferable).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Lots can be said about Everton in the last decade or so, but signing Tarkowski and Coady might have been the best move any club did in the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here