Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 1-3-9/23

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'm of this opinion as well. However their home record over the last year is sensational for whatever reason. Its gonna be a tough game playing against the ref as well. Bookies have them as heavy favourites
I was talking about Palace not United.

Anyway Utd are slight favourites with the bookies 13/10 for the home win and 15/8 for us winning. Looking at the odds for the next round of games it’s the hardest one to call.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just a couple of points, don’t think palace have ever really flirted with relegation.

But you did break records every week when you lost the first 8 games without scoring a single goal. Happy days.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
7 games, then beat Chelsea….actually from there it was a quite exciting season.

Let me know when your record is broken

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Just a couple of points, don’t think palace have ever really flirted with relegation.

Brighton have only ended the season twice higher than palace ( and one of those times at half time on the last game of the season palace we’re actually above Brighton )

Just saying.
All factually correct but those two seasons we finished above you were… er… the last two seasons so I think we’re entitled to assume bragging rights.

Plus (and I’m sure you’ll agree with this part) we’ve had to wait a really long time to get those bragging rights.
:thumbsup:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Brighton have only ended the season twice higher than palace ( and one of those times at half time on the last game of the season palace we’re actually above Brighton )

Just saying.
Don't think brighton have screwed the local community on several, or was it three, occasions to maintain that record either.

You've spivved your way into the position of prior strength, no concern over the consequences to others, and you celebrate it. Cheating is a Palace badge of honour. Celebrated with mind the gap bollocks without a care in the world.

You had a 4? year start in the PL and have have done what you always do, chucked it at players without a care over what that may lead to. 10 years of PL income for what? Turgid fear laden football. No investment in the club as a whole, no plan for sustainability. Car crash of a club now flashing their grubby knickers at the Saudis after reeling in some dumb yanks.

You seem like a decent person, why don't you acknowledge it? Any other business and the club was history long before 2010, and no - Brightons situation was not the same. We, as a club, paid for excesses and stupidity in the most difficult and damaging way.

Investment in infrastructure, plan for sustainability, smart recruitment shunning stupid wages for greedy bang average players and the patience to build slowly but surely means we'll be on top in this little league of ours for decades to come unless some Saudi state fancies a bit of rough.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Just saying.
Just saying (as a result of a very quick and far from extensive or complete Google search) -

Only twice my a***!

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Post Taggart, they always seem to have a raft of onerous contract issues or personality fallouts. Pogba, Alexis Sanchez, Mourinho, Martial, Lingard, Ronaldo’s home coming. Gary Neville calls it a cancer, the cancer eventually departs, then new issues arise.

They spent all summer trying to dump Maguire, McTominay and Martial, and failed. Whilst £350k a week Sancho and £82m Antony offer next to nothing.
It’s rotten from the head down - The Glazers. Permeates the whole set up. Bonus for the rest of the league.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Just saying (as a result of a very quick and far from extensive or complete Google search) -

Only twice my a***!
Sorry my bad I meant in the premier league.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Personally, I actually prefer #TeamsLikePalace than the horrors such as Chelsea Globetrotters, 'United' and the beheading barcodes.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I often spend football games thinking the people around me don't understand the rules of the game. It appears VAR officials are the same

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I often spend football games thinking the people around me don't understand the rules of the game. It appears VAR officials are the same

I watched that and I'm now completely baffled by VAR, particularly over the Havertz non pen.

I thought it was meant to correct clear and obvious errors. But, despite agreeing it looked like a pen in real time, and that it made sense for the ref to give it on the pitch, on forensic VAR inspection you could tell it wasn't.

I thought VAR wasn't for such cases, just to clear up refereeing f***-ups, which this wasn't as such because it wasn't an unreasonable decision in the first place, even though technically wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here