Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pre season plans

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
I am surprised with how well we did this season that we haven’t been invited to some of the international club tournaments!

There are comps with loads of the best teams throughout the world.

But I assume we will have gillingham, Crawley and Luton.
The south east triangle tournament

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I am assuming we will also request an away game first day of the season with Pride being on that weekend?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I am surprised with how well we did this season that we haven’t been invited to some of the international club tournaments!

There are comps with loads of the best teams throughout the world.

What makes you think we haven't been invited?

Almost certain that such 'opportunities' are open to us. Presume that the club / Potter, take the view that they'd rather plan whatever they consider the best actual preparation for the season, than go for the gimmicky marketing / exposure route. :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I seem to remember us putting a stop to the traditional Worthing fixture during Gus Poyet's era due to it not being competitive enough. Although they have just won promotion...

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

We always had a preseason friendly with Worthing as a pay day for them hosting our 'reserve and/or youth teams'

We then went to Lancing FA and once the training ground was finished, held there.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Think the last pre season game I went to was at AFC Wimbledon a few years ago.

Also did a trip out to FC Mehrin in Geneva 10 years ago.

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
Do we know when they are likely to release pre season plans???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
Oh fair enough….. just on sky sports a lot of pre season plans we’re put up today but didn’t see ours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
In Holland clubs always play the first friendly against some amateur/non-league team. The players get a confidence boost, the fans get to see a lot of goals and the amateur club gets all the matchday income. Should be done in more countries.

It always used to be a regular occurence for the Albion in past times too. I can remember countless pre-pseason workouts at the likes of Crawley when they were a non-league side, Worthing, one of the Eastbourne clubs, Hastings, Horsham, Burgess Hill et al.

Nowadays if we do bless a Sussex non-league outfit with a visit, we normally field our Under 18 or Under 23 players.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

When l saw Arsenal were taking on Chelsea at the Camping World Stadium, l assumed it was in Horsham not Florida!

Amazing that so many pre-season games are being played overseas now, not just in Europe either. Even the old enemy Crystal Palarce are off to the other side of the world to play a tournament.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
When l saw Arsenal were taking on Chelsea at the Camping World Stadium, l assumed it was in Horsham not Florida!

Amazing that so many pre-season games are being played overseas now, not just in Europe either. Even the old enemy Crystal Palarce are off to the other side of the world to play a tournament.

They don’t do it for nothing!!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Even the old enemy Crystal Palarce are off to the other side of the world to play a tournament.

Like why, well obviously to boost their profile abroad and generate extra income.
But why play another Premier League team...

Liverpool in Singapore
Manchester United in Melbourne
Leeds United in Perth

how boring, would you really fly out to watch those games.
If your going to fly to the other side of the world at least play a local team.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Like why, well obviously to boost their profile abroad and generate extra income.
But why play another Premier League team...

Liverpool in Singapore
Manchester United in Melbourne
Leeds United in Perth

how boring, would you really fly out to watch those games.
If your going to fly to the other side of the world at least play a local team.

It’s for the local fans of those huge worldwide brands and Leeds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here