Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter - emotional intelligence:

boik

Robbie Keane. Sublime instinctive striker (remember that one against us in the FA cup at WHL, when Carpenter scored a free kick I think?). Give him time to think and he buggered it up. If any of his many coaches had the sense to mind train him into Jedi he'd have been an insanely successful footballer, instead of one that was sold on every few months.

Andy Cole always seem the same to me. Much better when working on instinct.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nice goal. He had all the time in the world to make his run and managed to tuck it away without shitting his pants, so something of a collector's item.

Boo. BOO!!!

:wink:

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Is it EI to start every response to a question with: 'great question'? :smile:

Great question! (I think for me it's habit from speaking at conferences occasionally, a role I'm very uncomfortable with, and needing time to think of an answer rather than stand in silence gurning like I'd suddenly ingested something illegal. If I'm really stuck I'll buy even more time - "...actually I'm going to turn it around, this is a room full of experts with diverse experiences and backgrounds we can learn from, what do you all think? Who'd like to give their view?" There's always at least one person who wants to.)

But also, many of the questions are genuinely great questions. Any question that makes us think differently or approach things from another side is helpful, and sometimes just the act of articulating something in response to a question or challenge will give the answerer fresh insight too. Everyone's a winner! So, erm, great question :smile:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Great question! (I think for me it's habit from speaking at conferences occasionally, a role I'm very uncomfortable with, and needing time to think of an answer rather than stand in silence gurning like I'd suddenly ingested something illegal. If I'm really stuck I'll buy even more time - "...actually I'm going to turn it around, this is a room full of experts with diverse experiences and backgrounds we can learn from, what do you all think? Who'd like to give their view?" There's always at least one person who wants to.)

But also, many of the questions are genuinely great questions. Any question that makes us think differently or approach things from another side is helpful, and sometimes just the act of articulating something in response to a question or challenge will give the answerer fresh insight too. Everyone's a winner! So, erm, great question :smile:

Great answer :smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Great sentiment, shame about the source.

[tweet]1562075547949494272[/tweet]

I'm pretty certain he does not tick all of John Terry's boxes.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Potter (currently/increasingly) ticks all of the boxes for every lazy hack and pundit. Delve deeper and his approach will smash into lots of dinosaur football thinking and supposedly enlightened societal thinking. Classic examples being GPott’s holistic personal/character development over purely football development and the “result” always matters; the important factor being how losing or winning benefits personal/character development.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
8f333e7fe654286bdb01d4c6ca06337b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here