Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Postponed fixtures

Dillis

Aug 29, 2021
Hopefully the postponed games will be announced with the penultimate weekend TV games, later today perhaps?

We are playing Southampton on Sunday 21st May at 2pm so assume it's a TV game

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's a pain because Barnham to Angmering is blocked for engineering works that day.
Not a problem it's not like Southampton come from that direction...

..oh.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Not a problem it's not like Southampton come from that direction...

..oh.
Be nice if the premier league checked this sort of thing before just randomly moving fixtures all over the place. Or actually kept to the dates they state on their website, these fixtures were meant to be out today and low and behold they just haven’t bothered.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Be nice if the premier league checked this sort of thing before just randomly moving fixtures all over the place. Or actually kept to the dates they state on their website, these fixtures were meant to be out today and lo and behold they just haven’t bothered.
Spoken as a true football lover who goes to an unfathomable number of matches. I have a huge respect for your knowledge on football matters, I don’t think I’ve ever known anyone watch so much live football.

But sadly this doesn’t factor into their thinking for a moment. 9/10 times there will be a problem for someone, somewhere with rearranged fixtures. Their concern is viewing figures, specifically the appeal to international markets. The average punter is very low on the list on priorities…

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Spoken as a true football lover who goes to an unfathomable number of matches. I have a huge respect for your knowledge on football matters, I don’t think I’ve ever known anyone watch so much live football.

But sadly this doesn’t factor into their thinking for a moment. 9/10 times there will be a problem for someone, somewhere with rearranged fixtures. Their concern is viewing figures, specifically the appeal to international markets. The average punter is very low on the list on priorities…
The only really weird scenario I can’t see us agreeing to which is a possibility is

Southampton (H) 19/5
Man City (H) 22/5
Newcastle (A) 25/5
Villa (A) 28/5

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Match attending fans are simply actors, playing our part to give the international audience an atmosphere

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Thank you for the kind words as well, as I find myself on a train to Boreham Wood tonight to watch our under 23s away from home
I’ll be watching on stream. Have a great journey/evening.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Be nice if the premier league checked this sort of thing before just randomly moving fixtures all over the place. Or actually kept to the dates they state on their website, these fixtures were meant to be out today and low and behold they just haven’t bothered.
We are saying the same thing.

I appreciate your knowledge and occasional need to be defensive, but this wasn't one of those times.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
We are saying the same thing.

I appreciate your knowledge and occasional need to be defensive, but this wasn't one of those times.
I think we’ve got our wires crossed here 😂. Any sarcasm/impatience that you’ve seen is aimed at the premier league, apologies if it came across to you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here