Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
TIPPING POINT

Ben: "What day is Christmas Day traditionally celebrated in the UK?"
Contestant: "Wednesday."

WEAKEST LINK

Anne Robinson: "In the Lord's Prayer, what word beginning with 'H' meaning 'blessed' comes before 'be thy name'?"
Contestant: (quietly) "Howard."
Anne: "Pardon?"
Contestant: (louder) "Howard."

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
UNIVERSITY CHALLENGE

Jeremy Paxman: "What is another name for 'cherrypickers' and 'cheesemongers'?"
Contestant: "Homosexuals."
Paxman: "No. They're regiments in the British Army, who will be very upset with you."

BLOCKBUSTERS

Bob Holness: "What 'L' do you make in the dark, when you don't consider the consequences?"
Contestant: "Love?"
Bob: "No, I'm sorry, I'm afraid the actual answer was 'leap'."

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
4pm is hardly daytime tv. I go to work about 4.30am and get home about 3.00 - 3.30 ish. That time is approaching teatime for me. Its time for a cuppa and Minder or Salvage Hunters or Tipping Point or the daily government briefing! I guess if you are not starting work at home until 9.00 - 10.00 then you are probably still working at 4.00pm. I couldn't give a toss about people sitting at home doing nothing on 80% money apart from when they start on about how desperate they are FOR A HOLIDAY!!!

Start work at 7 finish about 2-3 but TV don’t go on until 1930 I can’t handle all the dross that is on TV at that time of day.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
You do if you retired on a decent pension

I have a full military pension and still work so have More than enough thank you..

You logic seems to me a bit flawed to me....retire on a good pension so you can sit watching the tv all afternoon??? Nothing like using a remote control in nice weather to keep active..

Still each to their own.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Don't know if it is a repeat but this classic answer was on the other week, even Ben loses it laughing.
:lolol:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I have a full military pension and still work so have More than enough thank you..

You logic seems to me a bit flawed to me....retire on a good pension so you can sit watching the tv all afternoon??? Nothing like using a remote control in nice weather to keep active..

Still each to their own.

I keep busy working in the community using my trade skills to help the less fortunate on a Voluntary basis

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Largest in what sense? Capacity? Footprint? Energy consumption? Ego of team's manager? It's a very poorly phrased question.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
You do if you retired on a decent pension

I agree with what [MENTION=750]swindonseagull[/MENTION] is saying, in regards to the military ethos of working.
Both of us have served time in the RAF, and with that comes a disciplined way of life, where you work hard and play hard, no time for sitting about.
Without being institutionalised, some of that work ethic is still inside you, when you leave the military and enter the world of the 'civvy'.
Life lessons you have learnt are transferred onto any new job you may take on then retirement.
So the thought of sitting around watching daytime tv does come as abhorrent to a lot of ex military types.
Personally I'm still working, aiming to retire eventually and enjoy my life, without sitting around, I've got plans and that doesn't include tv :thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Les Dennis (Family Fortunes)

'Name a bird with a long neck'

'BUZZZZZZZZ'

'Naomi Campbell'

Wasn't it also Family Fortunes that featured the question "Name a dangerous race" to which someone answered "Arabs" ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here