[Football] Plymouth v Exeter

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Plymouth tonight good game 4:2

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Always thought Plymouth were under achievers.

Are they now the largest settlement in England to not have had top flight football?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Fond memories of Home Park from when I was in the Navy. We always used to say take your boots, you might get a game!

Was wondering earlier about the distance from Exeter to Plymouth and thinking it must be on a par with us and Palace.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Tempted to start a thread on this. Six banging goals. Absolute ripper of a football match. Packed Home Park (bringing back memories of that promotion game) and quality and commitment way beyond expectation.

Looking forward to an awayday down there next season :whistle:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fond memories of Home Park from when I was in the Navy. We always used to say take your boots, you might get a game!

Was wondering earlier about the distance from Exeter to Plymouth and thinking it must be on a par with us and Palace.
45 miles.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Tempted to start a thread on this. Six banging goals. Absolute ripper of a football match. Packed Home Park (bringing back memories of that promotion game) and quality and commitment way beyond expectation.

Looking forward to an awayday down there next season :whistle:
You are a sod! I was hoping for a fixture in Spain. You’ve probably got more chance of being right than me!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Plymouth is far bigger than Wakefield.
No Wakefield has 340k to Plymouths 270k….
Dudley has a bigger population than Plymouth amazingly enough.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was just 11 years ago some of us went to Home Park for a Fans United with Richard Vaughan when they were trying to get rid of their chairman. Photos came up on my Timeline on FB.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
No Wakefield has 340k to Plymouths 270k….
Dudley has a bigger population than Plymouth amazingly enough.
Only if you include the population of the whole district, which is 20 miles across. This is much like saying Hailsham has a population of 200,000 - taking into account the whole population of Wealden.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Only if you include the population of the whole district, which is 20 miles across. This is much like saying Hailsham has a population of 200,000 - taking into account the whole population of Wealden.
Hmm not sure about that one Notters.
I think conurbations are the best way of working it out Notters. Stone house and Devonport will add 30 k to Plymouths

I’ve forgotten the question now.

Ah yeah… Point taken on the actual City population of Wakefield

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I watched this. Always had a soft spot for Argyle, and am delighted to see them currently sticking it to some of the giants in that division. Not that they're not a big club themselves, but historically they're underachievers compared to various fellow L1 sides (Ipswich, Derby, Charlton, Massive Wednesday, Even More Massive Pompey).

I hope they do it this season, I really do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here