Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Hammersmith Palais

or

Bankrobber

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Seeing as there is not a lot of transfer activity ATM, and following on from the Jam thread.
As the thread says, pick ONE song.

I'll go with, White Riot.

For me it's got to be White Riot too - I distinctly remember going past Fine Records (later Rounder) in Brighton Square in early-April 1977where they would have all the picture sleeves of the latest singles displayed in the windows and seeing The Clash in their graffiti-laden boiler suits and just thought 'I've gotta have that' - from that moment on I gave up the fledgling soul-boy look and as a 16-year old was hooked on 'punk rock' and, without sounding cliched, it really was a life-changing moment! (Well that's how remember it anyway!!)!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'm not sure any of their releases matched the brilliance of the Cost of Living EP. I Fought the Law (a cover) and Groovy Times were on there, and also these two gems:

http://youtu.be/RmDqy2qeOHE

God, I'd forgotten all about Gates of the West. Absolutely magnificent, sums up the spirit of what The Clash were.

I do have a weakness for Mick Jones' voice - a lot of my favourite tracks are where he is singing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here