• It’s Alright

Votes: 30 75.0%
  • It’s a Sin

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I like them, especially their mid 90s stuff - the Very and Bilingual albums, probably because they coincided with my going out/clubbing years.

I’m not up to date on anything they’ve done in the last twenty years - same with the rest of modern music - so I’d be in the “Greatest Hits” crowd they’re aiming for on their tours.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Saw them at the Brighton centre a few years ago, hands down one of the best live bands I have seen.

Interesting fact did you you know they produced a title theme for the living daylights James Bond film but it was changed at the last minute to the aha version.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We were in the roundhouse recording studio in Farringdon Feb 96, recording our forst single for a 5 day weekend . . . While PSB took a break from recording their album . . . We bumped into them on the MOnday, miserable grumpy bastards They were.

Chris Farlowe was also in there over the weekend producing a track for someone, we thought he was a minder at first in a black bomber jacket . . until I recognised him . . .He was a really nice bloke.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Listen to the Disco album a lot and have done since I was 5. Probably my first exposure to 12 inch mixes, remixes etc. Huge influence on my musical taste.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
PSB night on BBC4 tonight, to me a great, massively under rated band.

Please was the first album I ever got as a child and Discography is just a wonderful collection of pop tunes that I played over and over again on my walkman!

I’ve struggled to find many other fans over the years though, what does NSC say?
They are superb!!! West End Girls is a work of art, alongside countless other material they've produced. Paninoro on Disco is absolutely brilliant.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
PSB night on BBC4 tonight, to me a great, massively under rated band.

Please was the first album I ever got as a child and Discography is just a wonderful collection of pop tunes that I played over and over again on my walkman!

I’ve struggled to find many other fans over the years though, what does NSC say?
An act I largely ignored, not recognizing the satire in 'let's make lots of money' or whatever it was called, at the time. I was also put off by the fact that the singer looks and sounds like an old pal of mine who may be an old pal of mine but who is f***ing annoying, and thinking about him while listening to music is not what I ever felt I wanted to do.

But their music has always been there as part of the background to my larger life soundtrack.

I watched that programme and absolutely loved it, and have decided I must delve into their oeuvre properly. Resemblance of the singer to my old pal, Chris, notwithstanding, Chris is 68 this year and no longer reminds me of his namesake.

I was particularly taken by the collaboration with one of my all time favourite singers, Dusty. And I was delighted to find (via the programme) that Neil, when he speaks (and especially when he chuckles), sounds a bit like Bob Mortimer. Mrs T disagrees. But that's fine because I'm very relaxed about people disagreeing with me :wink:

What's not to like? :thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Absolutely Superb. They owned Glastonbury recently

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Repurchasing all the vinyl from my youth. Found this in a shop in Lewes a fortnight ago. All 12 inch’s. Fabulous.

IMG_3928.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Interesting that there is quite a wide range of favourite songs. Not surprising given the consistent high standard of their output though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Somewhere in my collection which is still in storage is a CD box-set of their remixes. From memory it’s a who’s-who of celebrated DJs. I’ll see if I can find it.

This is it:

disc 3 is remixes.

Last edited:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I think I made my point badly. They don't sound dated at all to me. I just think that, mostly, they would pass by the Generation Z on.
If it makes you feel any better, I knew what you meant. Great band, very popular band. But unavoidably a great band from about 40years ago.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how anybody can say they don't sound dated (at least, in terms of the big hits that most people know). They pretty much embody that 80s pop sound. Again, not a bad thing at all, but nobody's listening to one of their songs for the first time and not thinking it's either from the 80s or somebody deliberately trying to sound like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here