Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Perhaps Mr Bloom should invest in one of these

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1706304932710.png

So that next year the entire recruitment dept don't all book off the first 3 weeks of January, together.

While he's at it he might like to cast an eye over their search history.
At the moment it must look like the 21st century version of most former Radio 1 DJ's Filofaxes.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
View attachment 173798

So that next year the entire recruitment dept don't all book off the first 3 weeks of January, together.

At the moment it must look like the 21st century version of most former Radio 1 DJ's Filofaxes.
Seems to me we look like being the most active PL club in this window….there is literally f-all happening anywhere else. Amazing what sensible financial management allows you to do when the ffp shit hits the fan :smile:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Seems to me we look like being the most active PL club in this window….there is literally f-all happening anywhere else. Amazing what sensible financial management allows you to do when the ffp shit hits the fan :smile:
I thought I read a while back that Tony Bloom wasn't a fan of bringing players in the January window?

Not that I'm complaining!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Cheapskate Tony won’t even buy the official Albion calendar then, I see?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought I read a while back that Tony Bloom wasn't a fan of bringing players in the January window?

Not that I'm complaining!
Not adults, no. 😆

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
View attachment 173798

Always been a big fan of your work Stat B, but its a tad harsh and a definite slight on the likes of Paul Burnett, Diddy David Hamilton and Simon Bates, as for the recruitment team, it’s a marathon not a sprint surely?

The window is yet to shut, we‘ve already signed the Argie ‘Wonderkid’ with a couple more in the pipeline, we’re not Viv Nicholson thankfully, I’m sure you’re old enough to remember deadline day in 1999, Jeff Wood brought in players who weren’t even household names in their own households, panic buys? It made the Chris O’D deal by Hypia look like a considered purchase.

As a club legend famously said on more than one occasion “Keep the Faith”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here