Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Paultons Park or Chessington (or Thorpe Park)?

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Mrs Bold is thinking about going to Thorpe Park on Friday with Bold Jnr 15, and Bold Jnr 11. Bold Jnr 15 would rather go paint balling which we could easily do. Bold Jnr 11 has been to Chessington a few times and isn't demanding to go, but not been to Thorpe Park. I feel like a grumpy old Dad asking is it worth it; but they are shit aren't they really these big theme parks!?

Thorpe Park want an additional £45 each just to have fastrack on 5 rides! That said, Mrs Bold is talking of getting the entry tickets on clubcard points.
Myself and junior DD have Merlin passes so do the theme parks fairly frequently.

We went to Thorpe Park last Thursday and it was busy, which is the norm for school holidays.

Certainly advise getting there by 9.30 and getting on a couple of big rides before the queues start to get long

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
Looking to take my 6-year-old for a day out tomorrow. Legoland was the last theme park we took him to, so that's out of consideration for now so I'm mainly considering:

- Paultons. We've never been, and they seem to have only recently opened up a big dinosaur themed area and their website seems to suggest they have far more rides than I would have guessed.
- Chessington. I think the last time I went it was a zoo. I'm quite surprised to see from their website that not only do they still have a zoo but a Sealife Centre too, and all are included with the one admission. And a fair few rides too, obvs.

He's been going on about seeing penguins recently - not entirely sure why, but it seems both of these parks have them which is a bonus.

I guess we'd consider Thorpe Park too, although they don't seem to have penguins.

Any views on which may be better? Anyone been to Paultons since they opened their Lost Kingdom dinosaur area thing a couple of weeks ago?

100% PP. Went last week with my two aged 6 & 8. Amazing time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here