Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber press conference 10am 21.05.24 live on youtube

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Why do I listen to Paul Barber?

I know he's not going to tell me anything juicy, but I still tune in anyway on the off chance he might let something slip.

It's a bit like being a Brighton fan. It's the hope that keeps you going.
He may have hidden it, by saying it in code.......he did mention Graham more than once!

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
He may have hidden it, by saying it in code.......he did mention Graham more than once!
He appealed to them once upon a time, lives locally and is a known quantity. They will know what they're getting, and so will many of the players, so he would represent less risk than going with someone else.

If they are worried he will bugger off again, they can tie him in contractually.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He appealed to them once upon a time, lives locally and is a known quantity. They will know what they're getting, and so will many of the players, so he would represent less risk than going with someone else.

If they are worried he will bugger off again, they can tie him in contractually.
Keep seeing this 'lives locally' shit. Oh, that's the clincher then, best re-appoint him! About as sane as giving 63 year old James Milner a year's contract extension on account of him speaking passable Spanish and asking him to play surrogate father to a bunch of cocky South American kiddies. Sake!
:ffsparr:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Keep seeing this 'lives locally' shit. Oh, that's the clincher then, best re-appoint him! About as sane as giving 63 year old James Milner a year's contract extension on account of him speaking passible Spanish and asking him to play surrogate father to a bunch of cocky South American kiddies
:ffsparr:
My Dad used to live in Preston Park, and caught the train up to London for 26 years. He drummed into me, 'live near your work'. If Potter hadn't been tempted by Chelsea's pieces of silver, he might have still been here. Living locally is not a clincher, but it might be a factor if all the other factors are in favour.

Can I put you down as 'fence' if he moves away?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Having spent many years in the corporate world these interviews remind me so much of time and time again when attending a conference senior colleagues giving what was a brilliant talk . Very senior people then tell me how lucky I am to work with that person and not aware they perform poorly on a day to day basis. So many of these people go from senior job to senior job and survive for a while because they talk a good game.
Apart from ability to talk sure no similarities with PB but have to say PB is as good as anybody in front of a mic and perhaps the reason we are darlings of media for last couple of years. As he usualy tells us nothing perhaps more like a politician than a businessman
Managed to put over De Zerbi parting as a near love in when we know they were in complete disagreement on how club should go forward and only mutual thing was an agreement between them to end contract early together with agreemt that neither spoke about reasons why.
I can just imagine PB seeing 8/9 DeZerbi staff walking down tunnel at end of game would be thinking of the imediate savings

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Yes, but I think Chris was mentioned just the once. He didn't mention Sami or Pep at all, there were many clues in there.

He didn’t mention Sami, no.

He said Roberto built on Graham’s good work, and Graham built on Chris’ good work.

Then he stopped. :ROFLMAO:

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
He didn’t mention Sami, no.

He said Roberto built on Graham’s good work, and Graham built on Chris’ good work.

Then he stopped. :ROFLMAO:
Yes, it was very clever of the Barber lad by squeezing in two Grahams so close together, this means only one thing...he likes Graham!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My Dad used to live in Preston Park, and caught the train up to London for 26 years. He drummed into me, 'live near your work'. If Potter hadn't been tempted by Chelsea's pieces of silver, he might have still been here. Living locally is not a clincher, but it might be a factor if all the other factors are in favour.

Can I put you down as 'fence' if he moves away?
Mark McGhee lives equally locally, that's all I'm saying...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Having spent many years in the corporate world these interviews remind me so much of time and time again when attending a conference senior colleagues giving what was a brilliant talk . Very senior people then tell me how lucky I am to work with that person and not aware they perform poorly on a day to day basis. So many of these people go from senior job to senior job and survive for a while because they talk a good game.
Apart from ability to talk sure no similarities with PB but have to say PB is as good as anybody in front of a mic and perhaps the reason we are darlings of media for last couple of years. As he usualy tells us nothing perhaps more like a politician than a businessman
Managed to put over De Zerbi parting as a near love in when we know they were in complete disagreement on how club should go forward and only mutual thing was an agreement between them to end contract early together with agreemt that neither spoke about reasons why.
I can just imagine PB seeing 8/9 DeZerbi staff walking down tunnel at end of game would be thinking of the imediate savings
We know f*** all. Fact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here