Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Parking for marathon

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I’m driving over from Hastings in the morning to drop my son off for the marathon. Hoping to park somewhere near the start and then drive over to Hove for the finish. Anyone know best place to park somewhere near the start?

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
I’d suggest come into Brighton on Dyke Road. Park at top of The Droveway (I think it’s still free there). Walk down The Drove to Preston Park.
Bit of a hike back up the hill back to the car (but you’re not the one running) but then easy drive down to Portland Road (metered parking). Walk down onto New Church Road/roads downto sea front - they’ll run to and fro four times here so good place to watch them.then walk along sea front to finish.

Getting accross Brighton will be very difficult other than using the a27.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I’d suggest come into Brighton on Dyke Road. Park at top of The Droveway (I think it’s still free there). Walk down The Drove to Preston Park.
Bit of a hike back up the hill back to the car (but you’re not the one running) but then easy drive down to Portland Road (metered parking). Walk down onto New Church Road/roads downto sea front - they’ll run to and fro four times here so good place to watch them.then walk along sea front to finish.

Getting accross Brighton will be very difficult other than using the a27.
Nice one. All worked out very well. Thanks very much for advice.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here