Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Parking fine advice required

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
This i think is your strongest point. With the different tarrifs, what reasonable person would pay over twice the amount. Is it worth noting that £3 for 5 hours is still more than the price for 2 x 3 hours which would only come to £2.40.

Well spotted. The OP could make the argument that the Landowner has suffered no loss and the action is vexatious opportunism.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Well spotted. The OP could make the argument that the Landowner has suffered no loss and the action is vexatious opportunism.

I wanna agree. But indont understand what you said. If its that they made more money than if two seperate cars had parked for a total of 6 hours paying £1.20 each, and they’re being :wanker: about it, then i agree 😁

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Don't try to make any argument about 'no loss'. The Supreme Court kicked that argument into touch in 2015 in ParkingEye v Beavis, considered a travesty of a decision that has partly been responsible for the feeding frenzy that followed and swamped consumers and the courts, with over 110,000 court claims filed by parking firms annually now.

Ten million PCNs are issued by these horrific companies per annum.

Those shocking figures are what the MHCLG are tasked to reverse, by implementing robust measures this year as part of the new Act.

Bear in mind that none of those figures include the hundreds of thousands more cases, where court claims aren't needed because PPCs intimidate people into paying £160 or more with series of misleading demands from third parties, who the parking firms do not pay a penny to, but who add sums on top for no valid reason.

The scary letters come from companies who the public think are bailiffs which is not surprising, given DCBL are one such debt recovery firm and have the word 'bailiffs' in their name and carry the 'Can't Pay? We'll Take it Away!' logo flashed on the bottom of their toothless demands. People immediately think HEOs are about to come knocking and hey presto, £160 or more is paid by victims for no reason at all, every day of the week.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Don't try to make any argument about 'no loss'. The Supreme Court kicked that argument into touch in 2015 in ParkingEye v Beavis, considered a travesty of a decision that has partly been responsible for the feeding frenzy that followed and swamped consumers and the courts, with over 110,000 court claims filed by parking firms annually now.

Ten million PCNs are issued by these horrific companies per annum.

Those shocking figures are what the MHCLG are tasked to reverse, by implementing robust measures this year as part of the new Act.

Bear in mind that none of those figures include the hundreds of thousands more cases, where court claims aren't needed because PPCs intimidate people into paying £160 or more with series of misleading demands from third parties, who the parking firms do not pay a penny to, but who add sums on top for no valid reason.

The scary letters come from companies who the public think are bailiffs which is not surprising, given DCBL are one such debt recovery firm and have the word 'bailiffs' in their name and carry the 'Can't Pay? We'll Take it Away!' logo flashed on the bottom of their toothless demands. People immediately think HEOs are about to come knocking and hey presto, £160 or more is paid by victims for no reason at all, every day of the week.

I so wish one of these scammers would take me to court .... sadly all bottle it at the last minute ! And that highlights that they are bullying cowards - it's just a pity that Bozza gave in to OPS's threats.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
FWIW i had a £60 rising to £100 fine from APCOA for parking in Haywards Heath station because i put the wrong Reg number (for my other car) in the App. (whilst i went on the coach to Man City (A) ) . A silly error but hey.

I shared proof that i'd paid albeit for the other car that was sat at home on my drive . And suprisingly they fessed up straightaway and cancelled the fine - although they warned they might not be able to do this "in the future".

In case this happens to you...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here