[Albion] Palace Fixture

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There is if you have to go to a wedding that day[emoji24]

Can't see the issue, it's either:

1) Your wedding - in which case you are an idiot.
2) Someone elses wedding - go to the Palace game. They clearly don't care whether you go or not or would have planned it for the summer.

Fromthesouth

Apr 30, 2016
Phoned the Albion today to see if they could confirm 3.00 Saturday, the nice lady on the phone said, the game can be changed up to 2 weeks before game.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Be amazed if it's 3pm.

The Caravan Club will migrate south early doors, drain 'Spoons of their Campari and Dubonnet then there's bound to be incidents in Queens Road.

12 noon it shall be.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
It was on a Friday bloody night last season. They've had enough practice now and it's early enough in the season that nothing is really on it. Be surprised if it moved after tickets have gone on sale.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I really can't believe this game is any worse than other rivalries in the Premier League, that regularly take place at 3pm on a Saturday, sometimes even 5:30pm. It's pretty pathetic from the police if they can't handle it, it's a provincial derby between two small Premier League clubs for goodness sake.

You are absolutely correct, this should not be a major public order situation though obviously it does need to be properly policed. We are generally only talking about 200 south London black hoodie wearers who are easily wrapped-up by the old-bill when they emerge from Wetherspoons who are confronted by about 500 Albion youth who can easily be kept away from them outside Brighton station. Everyone knows that any aggro will be in the train queue after the match or in the train carriages. Both situations would be easy to Police with 1 copper every 20 meters of the queue and 1 copper in each train carriage before and after the match (knowing Southern they will lay on 4 carriage trains as usual). You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I know full well that the policing will be as useless as always with 30 really hard looking cops just hanging about and not actually focussing on the hot-spots.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A few months ago, I spent a lot of time, with dates going backward and forward, to arrange a Family get together for 40+ (nothing special, just a get together every couple of years to prove that an extended family can get together for a good time without too much violence). As one of the family 'elders' I put out a three line whip that no excuses were allowed once the date had been agreed.

Back in May, we eventually settled for for 17th September, with people coming from all over the South East. Now being a family that originates from Portslade/Mile Oak there are a few Season Ticket holders and regular fans amongst that throng. When the fixtures were announced, I confidently sent a few texts saying 'of course it will be moved'.

It will won't it :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here