Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our best chance ever

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
And this is the point. Look at the new player signings. Constantly adding to the depth and future of the club. Look at the quality out on loan. This is a long-term sustainable project not let’s get into Europe once and then implode.

Exactly.

i actually dont want us to qualify this year - we are not ready and dont have a big enough squad to play -at best it would be the europa league with a minimum extra 8 games to squeeze in. look at Wolves, whilst they were in the competition they were getting battered and were in relegation trouble for the first three months and only now are putting a run together as they got knocked out-currently on 13points from 15..

Yeah, so lets stabilise and i'd take 9th as our final position all day long this year

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Not this season as we have, IMO, weakened our squad and we only need Welbeck to pull another sicky (which is almost inevitable) and/or Maupay to lose either the plot or his form and our lack of goals could see us tumbling down the table.

I would like to think next season we will be "pushing" with no expectation we will succeed but with contracts running down on our "jewels" it is either going to cost a hell of a lot of money to retain or replace.

Personally I think we will struggle for a season or two if we lose our jewels whilst the youngsters are brought in and get used to playing in the EPL. Hopefully we can avoid relegation as we rebuild with the youngsters because if we don't, it's a whole different ball game.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not this season as we have, IMO, weakened our squad .

We’ve lost Burn now and Ben White as regular first teamers this season

But this season We’ve added Cucurella, Mwepu, a recalled Caicedo, Duffy and have a fully fit Lamptey.

And we still have Webster, Bissouma, Trossard, and Sanchez.

And we have 20+ players on loan - several of which could be on the White pathway.

Is our squad really weakened ?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
And we have 20+ players on loan - several of which could be on the White pathway.

FFS. Every time I read that bit, Michael Barrymore looms into my mind's eye. (Which is never a good thing).

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Let's go for the FA cup, I mean really go for it
Bring on the Spurs.
European dreams are great but any silverware would be amazing

This with bells on. Never mind finishing 8th in the league or whatever - we'll qualify for Europe by winning the FA Cup, AND we'll have a proper trophy. So sod the League and bring on Spurs.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Let's go for the FA cup, I mean really go for it
Bring on the Spurs.

Our 11 v WBA was Burn, Veltman, Duffy, March, Alzate,Gross, Welbeck, Offiah, Maupau, and March. Our playing subs were Moder, Trossard, Mac Allister, Cucurella and Ferguson.
(similar teams last year v Blackpool for example).
The idea that Potter plays his reserves or a B side in the FA Cup at least is perhaps mistaken. (the League Cup is different)
He already "goes for it, really goes for it" and I doubt we'll see a side v Spurs different to a PL outing - Steele aside.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
The idea that Potter plays his reserves or a B side in the FA Cup at least is perhaps mistaken. (the League Cup is different)
He already "goes for it, really goes for it" and I doubt we'll see a side v Spurs different to a PL outing - Steele aside.

We exited the cup last season with a starting line-up containing 2 players now out on loan, and 2 no longer with the club.

I don't think anyone is mistaken.

Edit: well it's 3 no longer with the club (Tau, Walton, Burn) but Burn having since left is irrelevant in this discussion

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
k

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here