Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our 2nd Half of the Season .....

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I keep on hearing this plan B shit...

What exactly are you after?
A bit of hoofball up to a non-existent big man, with a fox in the box feeding off him?
That still would have required recruitment.

We've been watching a plan B for the past 2 months - with no pace or width in the squad, it's the relentless side to side of Potterball.
It's all we have left available.

It can work, but it needs a lot of quick quality passes and good movement.
More often than not decent, Prem teams can nullify it.
THANK YOU!!!

I've been saying this for years. Do people honestly think top managers have only got one plan? We have played SO many systems this season, so many different approaches against different opponents, but just because we don't thump it up to Welbeck people seem to think that we only play one way.

We've played, 4-3-3, 4-2-2-2, 5-3-2, 5-2-3-1, 3-5-2, 3-4-3 at various times this season. That is not indicative of "one plan"

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
THANK YOU!!!

I've been saying this for years. Do people honestly think top managers have only got one plan? We have played SO many systems this season, so many different approaches against different opponents, but just because we don't thump it up to Welbeck people seem to think that we only play one way.

We've played, 4-3-3, 4-2-2-2, 5-3-2, 5-2-3-1, 3-5-2, 3-4-3 at various times this season. That is not indicative of "one plan"

And with our squad and key injuries, we literally did not have the team to replicate a Dyche/Moyes low block, 7 bolted in front of the keeper 80 yards from the opposition goal, three speed merchants ready to spring traps.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
THANK YOU!!!

all about opinions.

Yes we have played different formations but have usually had the same style of football , passing (slowly) down the middle when it was obviously not working yet we continued to play that way and didn't change that. Understand that loosing our best wingers has not helped but we still have some good wide players (Adingra & Pedro)

In the last few (4?) games we have been hitting more long balls either forward or crossfield and that got us into good positions The thing that let us down was either poor finishing or people deciding not to shoot (maybe lack of confidence who knows).

I am not proposing we need to turn into a hoofing team , but think mixing good passing interplay up with long accurate balls is a better approach. it also doesn't have to be 60 yards 20-30 yards but quickly. As said all about opinions.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Not sure what happened but I remember Tony saying that we would have several players back from injury in February or March. In fact not many came back and some others joined the list.
Was he misinformed?
Is that why we have a new head of medicine?
Maybe if Mitoma had picked up his injury in January rather than February we would have signed someone. We missed him more than anyone.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Maybe if Mitoma had picked up his injury in January rather than February we would have signed someone. We missed him more than anyone.
and Hinshelwood , very effective at coming forward, always looked dangerous in the box and scored 4?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here