Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] OT: tickets for other teams

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
My brother-in-law is a Newcastle fan who lives in Cornwall and he has asked my advice on how easy it is to get tickets for the NUFC v Brentford game on the 8th.

So, I am calling on the shared expertise and knowledge of the NSC faithful and to put aside your partisan beliefs and tell me whether going to somewhere like livefootballtickets.com is the best way for him to get a ticket for him and his son.

BTW, Brighton is their second team ;)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What part of Newcastle does he come from? :wink:

What are his feelings on his club being owned by the beheaders?

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Looking at that website you mentioned, he’d probably be paying in excess of £100 per ticket for a run of the mill match. Personally the only match I would consider purchasing off a site like that was if I was unsuccessful in being allocated a ticket for Barcelona v Peacehaven in the champions league

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
What part of Newcastle does he come from? :wink:

What are his feelings on his club being owned by the beheaders?

Born in Morpeth which is to the north of Newcastle.

I haven’t spoken to him about his view on the owners but I’d imagine it would be something along the lines of…. ‘Not my first choice as owners but I’m not about to stop supporting the club I’ve supported since a child because the club was chosen as another ‘sports-washing vehicle’ of Saudi Arabia.

Probably similar to the amount of hand-wringing I’ve done when faced with the knowledge of the UK selling arms to Saudi Arabia.

To coin a hideous phrase… ‘it is what it is’

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Looking at that website you mentioned, he’d probably be paying in excess of £100 per ticket for a run of the mill match. Personally the only match I would consider purchasing off a site like that was if I was unsuccessful in being allocated a ticket for Barcelona v Peacehaven in the champions league

Fingers crossed, sussex senior cup draw is soon.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Born in Morpeth which is to the north of Newcastle.

I haven’t spoken to him about his view on the owners but I’d imagine it would be something along the lines of…. ‘Not my first choice as owners but I’m not about to stop supporting the club I’ve supported since a child because the club was chosen as another ‘sports-washing vehicle’ of Saudi Arabia.

Probably similar to the amount of hand-wringing I’ve done when faced with the knowledge of the UK selling arms to Saudi Arabia.

To coin a hideous phrase… ‘it is what it is’

Have to be honest, I was not expecting you to say he came from the area :lolol:

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Have to be honest, I was not expecting you to say he came from the area :lolol:

Hehe! I was metaphorically rubbing my hands together knowing that I could give a straight answer to your post!!

Must be difficult if you do support a team (no matter how fanatically) and they do something that goes against your ethics or better judgment.

Like many people I think he just concentrates
on the sporting aspect.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
My brother-in-law is a Newcastle fan who lives in Cornwall and he has asked my advice on how easy it is to get tickets for the NUFC v Brentford game on the 8th.

So, I am calling on the shared expertise and knowledge of the NSC faithful and to put aside your partisan beliefs and tell me whether going to somewhere like livefootballtickets.com is the best way for him to get a ticket for him and his son.

BTW, Brighton is their second team ;)

I live near Newcastle and will be going into the city at the weekend. Quite happy to swing passed the ticket office and find out if there's any availability or returns etc.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I live near Newcastle and will be going into the city at the weekend. Quite happy to swing passed the ticket office and find out if there's any availability or returns etc.

Thanks for the offer but I guess any returns will end up on their website.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here