Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] OT. Online Brighton gig listings

Jul 7, 2003
This is true to an extent.
The Brighton Centre does some fairly big-ish names but rarely anyone at the top of their game.

Brighton has had this problem for decades. It’s too close to London and has no venue over 5000 capacity that can be used regularly.

Hopefully The Hippodrome will attract more acts when it’s completed.
Not sure if it is still the case, but a few years ago the Brighton Centre and Dome were seen as being too expensive for promoters to want to put on acts.

Lots of good places for smaller acts locally (Concorde, Chalk, etc) but being so close to London means many avoid Brighton. I look at listings and see bands playing Bexhill and then either Portsmouth or Southampton.

Unless the long planned replacement of the Brighton Centre has a greatly increased capacity then I don't see much changing.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Many thanks, that's great.

Aside from my music interests, we're (with my daughter) hoping that Lana Del Rey does some gigs this side of the Atlantic ... we know she's coming from the Glast announcement. We would go as far as buying from (imho crooks) Viagogo if we missed out with the primary ticket sales.
As mentioned before, Songkick is by far and large the most accurate one

Bandsintown used to be decent and is quite good still, however here, if you put in Amsterdam, ayou also get gigs in The Hague, Alkmaar and Utrecht which for some is great. I find it annoying personally. With Brighton is also gives you London gigs. They used to be really on it and send you an email as soon as the tour was announced, now it can be delayed.

For most artists I like, I follow them on Instagram as that's where the tours are usually announced first.

nealrogers

The real Swans man.
Jul 31, 2011
Hove
You won't be fooled again.
I would faaaaar prefer to go to the Albert, the Hope and Ruin, etc and see maybe three emerging bands for a tenner than what, £60?, to be bored shitless by someone just going through the motions. Bands that have become their own cover bands I avoid like the plague.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I've a general question covering gigs in the UK and rest of Europe.

Which website/s do you recommend please as failsafe in being first with accurate information on new tour dates? Similarly, to buy tickets from, before the touts grab the tickets?

Cheers.
Gettothefront.co.uk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I would faaaaar prefer to go to the Albert, the Hope and Ruin, etc and see maybe three emerging bands for a tenner than what, £60?, to be bored shitless by someone just going through the motions. Bands that have become their own cover bands I avoid like the plague.
£60! We looked at A-Ha O2 tickets before the pandemic ... miles away from the stage, from memory were £100.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here