Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] One for Barbs to get his head around

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Its a great idea.

Reminds me of a bar I went to in Amsterdam which had beer pumps on some of the tables. You just pre-paid at the bar for x number of pints, collected your glasses, sat down and got stuck in. Brilliant! I dunno if there's anywhere in the UK that does this, I've never come across it. But it would certainly receive my business if I found one.
Went to a bar in Budapest where they had a ‘Beer Wall’, similar concept, you get a card when you go in (paying a deposit) and then all the beers they have are listed on screens above the end wall which has 30 or so numbered beer taps in it. You choose the beer you want from the screen, pop your card in the corresponding pump and pour as much or as little as you like. They have a range of glasses to choose from, so if you want a litre of pilsner you can, or for a 12% imperial stout you might choose a smaller glass. You pour as much or as little as you want and it’s billed to your card, you pay when you leave.

A bit like this one 👇🏼

Attachments

• 2DFA582B-6CA2-4E90-8F96-01078C382901.jpeg
    2DFA582B-6CA2-4E90-8F96-01078C382901.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Went to a bar in Budapest where they had a ‘Beer Wall’, similar concept, you get a card when you go in (paying a deposit) and then all the beers they have are listed on screens above the end wall which has 30 or so numbered beer taps in it. You choose the beer you want from the screen, pop your card in the corresponding pump and pour as much or as little as you like. They have a range of glasses to choose from, so if you want a litre of pilsner you can, or for a 12% imperial stout you might choose a smaller glass. You pour as much or as little as you want and it’s billed to your card, you pay when you leave.

A bit like this one 👇🏼
That sounds absolutely bloody fantastic. WHY is this not commonplace over here ?

WHY ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

A bit like this one 👇🏼
1674028333691.png

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
So instead of getting shirty with the slow service of the low wage workers at the kiosk we can get shirty at someone like my Dad who finds technology absolutely baffling.

Good. This will turn out fine.
You should be getting his pint. Bad son! 😉

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
That sounds absolutely bloody fantastic. WHY is this not commonplace over here ?

WHY ?

Because within a week of it opening some dinlow would try to down a litre of the 12% stout in an attempt to go viral on TikTok, end up in hospital & the Daily Mail would call the pub the worst thing since sliced Hitler.

Sad, but true.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

A bit like this one 👇🏼
We saw one there as well……..great fun. Also had a similar arrangement for wine at a hotel in Mauritius - prepaid card and a huge choice of wines by the glass which meant you could try as many as you wanted, match to food etc.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Surely it should be slightly cheaper considering servers wages are added in to the price of a pint of beer in normal settings …😂😂😂 course it won’t be

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
They don't serve booze in the upper (I think) tier. Something about the concourse not being wide enough I seem to recall.
How much do people swerve around up there? Can't they take their beer, or is it the altitude?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here