Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh Dear Mr Whelan

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Is it? So my great grandfather fought for the right to call Chinese people chinks, and black people ******* did he? I wonder if anyone told him that's what it was all about :shrug:

I didn't realise the Germans were so politically correct back then either.

I sort of agree but my great grandad, as probably yours, had a variety of words for Germans like Boche, Fritz, Hun, Jerry and Kraut. Not sure if these are now politically correct either.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And me , £50,000 fine and has to go to a mandatory education programme :facepalm: , this bloke is 78 years old and has more intelligence and experience than these politically correct knobs , who have nothing else to do with their time , i include the FA .

Freedom of speech is what this country fought for :nono:

With freedom comes responsibility. It's nothing to do with political correctness, but not insulting a whole section of society by a crude generalisation. It's called thinking before you speak.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I sort of agree but my great grandad, as probably yours, had a variety of words for Germans like Boche, Fritz, Hun, Jerry and Kraut. Not sure if these are now politically correct either.
I'd forgive people being racist now against a nation acting as Germany did, but that aside, I expect my ancestors used many terms for many races that we wouldn't use now, as did I when I was a kid. And I don't think Dave meant any harm, but as a chairman he does need to learn why the things he said were wrong.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
He should have been warned about the language he uses in referring to minorities, and he could have replied by saying "he takes on board what the FA is saying and he will watch what he is saying in future". £50000 fines and re-education classes is way over the top, a bit of commonsense should have been employed.His language may not be PC but I don't believe he is a racist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here