Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] WOMEN'S ROUND-UP AND CHARLTON PREVIEW

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion women’s manager James Marrs says this Sunday’s game against Charlton Athletic is the most high-profile fixture in his managerial career.
It is the first-ever game for an Albion women side at the Amex Stadium and Marrs says his players will be ready to face the Addicks.
He said, “This will be the biggest game of my career, so I will be very proud to step out at the Amex.
“For me it’s an honour, I do feel like we’ve earned the right to play here, and I hope that we can show everyone else that we deserve it.
“We have worked hard this week and have had some unbelievable training sessions, probably the best training sessions I have ever had at this club. The weight of the fixture ahead has helped the players raise their game.
“It’s my job to make sure they’re focused and know what goals they want to achieve on Sunday. As long as everyone gives me 100 per cent, that’s all I can ask from them and I’ll be very happy with whatever happens.
“To play at such a venue will also give them some fire and a boost, with a large number of fans hopefully there too. It’s a big occasion for both teams, but being on our home turf will hopefully give us more impetus to win."Albion (probable squad): Faye Baker, Vicky Ashton-Jones, Catherine Cooper, Deanna Cooper, Charlotte Young, Jay Blackie, Kirsty Barton, Lucy Somes, Charley Boswell, Sophie Perry, Kate Natkiel, Amy Taylor, Charlotte Gurr, Hollie Olding, Emily Baker, Amelia Ritchie.
TICKETS ARE still available for the game, which kicks off at 3pm. Albion season-ticket holders can gain free entry to the match, but they must apply for their FREE ticket via seagullstickets.com.
For non-season-ticket holders, the prices are £4 for adults, £2 for under-18s and £10 for a family of four (two adults and two under-18s). Parking is available at The Bridge (£5) and you can pay online or on the day (cash only).

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

THE DEVELOPMENT SQUAD host West Ham United at the American Express Elite Football Performance Centre on Sunday, kick-off 12pm.
Amy Merricks’s side will be looking to build on last week’s 2-1 win over local rivals Lewes, as goals from Molly Towers and Hayley Bridge secured all three points.
Looking ahead to this week’s game, development squad coach Merricks said, “We haven’t played West Ham yet this season, but we did play against them in pre-season, which was very beneficial for us in terms of our attacking play.
“We’re not sure what to expect this weekend, but we’ve worked on improving a few things from last week’s match against Lewes. That was the first time we’ve conceded in four games.”ALBION’S ACADEMY TEAM, in partnership with Worthing College, beat Itchen College 3-1 at the American Express Elite Football Performance Centre on Wednesday.
ALBION’S CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE under-11, under-13 and under-15 teams will face Middlesex and Birmingham in a three-team tournament.
THE UNDER-17s match away at Everton in the FA Women’s Youth Cup has been postponed and will now take place next Saturday.
AMELIA RITCHIE has returned from international duty with Wales, after earning her first two senior caps in the Euro 2017 qualifiers against Kazakhstan and Israel.
The 16-year-old featured in both the 4-0 win over Kazakhstan and the 2-2 draw against Israel.
ALBION WOMEN’S
next game after the clash with Charlton is at home to Plymouth Argyle on Sunday 13th December, kick-off 2pm.
The match takes place at the Sussex County FA Headquarters at Culver Road, BN15 9AX on Sunday 29th November, kick-off 2pm. Admission is priced at £3 for adults and £1 for Albion season-tickets holders and under-16s.

[h=3]ALBION V CHARLTON ATHLETIC*
[/h]SATURDAY 5TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH*
[/h]SATURDAY 19TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 12.30PM

[h=3]ALBION V IPSWICH TOWN**
[/h]TUESDAY 29TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here