Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
norwood-l229-3332837_613x460.jpg

Oliver Norwood
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:24 28th September 2016
by Kieran Cleeves
Albion's midfielder looked back on last night's game.
I think Portman Road is always a difficult place to come to with the way they play."
Oliver Norwood
Oliver Norwood was keen to take the positives from Brighton & Hove Albion’s goalless draw with Ipswich Town last night, after claiming a point without being at their best.The Seagulls held on for a share of the spoils after Dale Stephens was sent off late on, and the midfielder highlighted the difficulty of the task.
He said, “I think Portman Road is always a difficult place to come to with the way they play. They press the game, play the ball long and look to get the second balls that keep you pinned in.
“At times we didn’t quite manage to have the possession we wanted to have, but the times we did get the ball down and play, I thought we looked quite good.
“We take the point, move on, and look forward to Saturday now, and we hope to go there [Hillsborough] and put things right from last season.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Norwood escaped punishment himself for a foul late on, but the Northern Ireland international wasn’t too worried about the incident.“If he had sent me off for that, you’d never be able to tackle again. The lad ran straight into me and I couldn’t get out of the way, but you have to be very careful with the way it’s going on.
“I’m sure referees are given their guidelines of what they have to stick to, and we have to respect that as players. You can’t get away with stuff that you may have been able to in the past.”
The 25-year-old touched upon his previous experiences against Sheffield Wednesday and believes both teams are starting to find their feet ahead of Saturday’s game.
“I’ve won there twice with Huddersfield, drew there with Reading and lost there once as well. It’s a nice place to play, and I’m sure there will be a fantastic atmosphere.
“They’re a quality side, with quality individuals in dangerous areas of the pitch. Towards the end of last season they really clicked and hit form.
“They won again tonight [1-0 v Blackburn], so they’ll be coming in off the back of a good result. But we’re also on the back of four good results, so it’ll be an interesting game on Saturday.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here