Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
kayal-ld229-3300851_613x460.jpg

Beram Kayal
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:30 11th September 2016
by James Hilsum
Albion's midfielder reflects on yesterday's defeat.
We were missing something in the final third and we need to work on that. "
Beram Kayal
Beram Kayal believes Brighton & Hove Albion lacked a clinical edge, following the 2-0 defeat to Brentford yesterday.

The Israeli international had a good chance to break the deadlock in the first half, but felt the side did not do enough to cancel out Scott Hogan’s brace and get something from the game.He said, “We didn’t control the game like we normally do, but we had a lot of half chances and plenty going on in the final third with our wingers and strikers.
“We had good periods, and we have played our best games of the season so far at home. Normally we control the game better than what we did on Saturday.
“We were missing something in the final third and we need to work on that. You cannot normally concede two goals and win a game; sometimes it happens, but the basics are to defend as a team and be solid. On the other side, we’re still not scoring goals.
“I had a good chance and I take responsibility for the bad decision I made to go out rather than into the box. There were too many players, but it happens in a game and I will learn from it. Hopefully if I have a chance in the next game, I will do much better and score.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

The 28-year-old feels it is vital to get Albion’s wide players on the ball as soon as possible and highlighted the team’s wing play as their greatest strength going forward.“Anthony [Knockaert] is a good player and the ability he has in the league going one against one is unbelievable. We try to play to our strengths as a side, with Anthony to the right and Jamie [Murphy] or Jiri [Skalak] to the left.
“We play 4-4-2 with two number nine strikers and we need to get the ball out to the wide players.”
Kayal started alongside Oliver Norwood at the heart of Albion’s midfield and feels the manager has good options to chop and change when needed.
“He’s a different type of player and it’s the manager's decision as to whether Siddy [Steve Sidwell], Dale [Stephens] or Oli plays. Last season we played a lot of games with me and Dale and everyone spoke about us as a pair.
“Oli is a new player and brings new experience, whereas Siddy is solid defensively and has a lot of experience too.
“We’re all different types of players, but we’re all ready to give everything for the team and for the club. In the end, who I play with is the gaffer’s decision.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here