Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hughton-l229-3306671_613x460.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
23:36 13th September 2016
by James Hilsum
Albion's manager felt his side were worthy winners on the night.
We haven’t been at our best in the last few games, but hopefully this will put us back in a rhythm."
Chris Hughton
Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton believes his side got their just rewards, after a hard-fought 1-0 victory over table-topping Huddersfield Town at the Amex tonight.
Anthony Knockaert’s second-half strike squirmed through Danny Ward’s grasp to secure Albion all three points, and the Seagulls boss felt his side deserved their element of luck.
He said, “We were fortunate with the goal, but over the 90 minutes, I thought we deserved it.
“We were up against a good side. They threatened, we defended really well and limited them to no real clear-cut goalscoring opportunities.
“They were always going to have a lot of possession with the way they play, and once we missed those two chances, you thought it wasn’t going to be our day, but we got a very fortuitous goal.
“It was a game that we had to be patient, and after the last two games, I was probably more delighted with getting back to a clean sheet.
“If we keep a clean sheet, I always know that we can create something at the other end.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Knockaert was deployed in the number ten role and Albion’s manager explained that he wanted to add some extra creativity upfront.
“Particularly with the way that they play, and the form that they’re in, I thought it would be difficult to play two out-and-out strikers.
“I thought he had a good chance before that on his left foot, which I hoped he would hit the target with, but you know that at any stage of the game Anthony can create something.”
Hughton praised the displays from central defensive duo Lewis Dunk and Shane Duffy, as Huddersfield stepped up the pressure in the closing stages.
“I thought they were both very good today. They weren’t under too much pressure in the earlier parts of the game, as we played against a side who were prepared to sit back and play on the counter.
“But they certainly needed to be big and strong in the second half, as we had to deal with a lot of balls coming into the box.”
“We haven’t been at our best in the last few games, but hopefully this will put us back in a rhythm.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here