Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HUGHTON PRAISES TEAM'S CHARACTER

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Hughton felt Charlton could have no complaints about the red card shown to Patrick Bauer, after he hauled down Bobby Zamora, with the Albion striker clean through on goal with the score at 2-1."Sometimes the momentum goes for you and the sending off had some effect as well, but over the 90 minutes we had to show character and we edged it and deserved it.
"Once you have got one goal the momentum does change. The crowd got louder and we knew that we would have a chance if we got the one goal back, and that is how it played out.
"You can never guarantee that you will get a second, and a third, but the momentum was there and it was certainly an entertaining second half of football."
Meanwhile Hughton was delighted for both James Wilson, who got Albion's first, and Tomer Hemed, who headed the winner, a minute after Zamora had equalised.
"There is more to come from James. He is somebody who has been training but has not played so many games, and the type of tempo that these Championship games are played at it is probably a step up for him.
"It was a really good introduction for him and I was delighted with his goal. That is why we leave someone like him on the football pitch when we are looking for ways to get back into the game.
"It is always a tough decision when you leave players out as Tomer has been excellent for us. He has found it difficult to convert his performances into getting goals.*
"I told him in midweek once I had made a decision to leave him out, but said that it was very much a question of resting him as opposed to dropping him, because he has been excellent for us. I said that it might be a case of getting one off the bench and that might be the goal he needs to get going again.*
"Nobody felt that more than him. He has gone through a barren spell, but that is not down to his work ethic or him not making good runs. It is just those small margins between scoring and not scoring goals. Everybody was pleased for him."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here