Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HUGHTON ON: HUDDERSFIELD

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
The key talking points from the manager's press conference.

At his pre-match press conference, Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton delivered the team news, spoke about the reaction he expects from his players, and praised Huddersfield for their impressive start to the season.
lualua-l229-3268773.jpg

Team News: "Kazenga's [LuaLua] knee is still sore. He certainly won't make tonight or Saturday. We are just assessing whether it's going to be longer or not.
"It's unfortunate; he's got himself back into good shape, felt his knee in training a couple of weeks ago and it's persisted a little bit.
"Richie [Towell] could not train for a period of time and then build it back up. He's at a stage now of building it back up again slowly.
"Solly's [March] back in training, but there will be days where we have to bring him down because he’s been out for a long time. We’re certainly looking forward to him being back fully fit and available to play in games. He’s making good progress."
Bouncing Back: "Hopefully we give a winning performance, but certainly show a good team shape about us. Generally we’ve been well organised in how we go about things as a team and certainly been able to show an attacking ability to get goals at home.
“Generally, that’s based on quite a solid organisation. That’s what we’ve been able to do. Unfortunately for us, we steered away from that on Saturday, but there will be numerous good teams that come to the Amex, and that’s something we’ve got to learn to cope with to get back to winning ways.
"We need to get a good reaction from the players, because it will be tough and they are in very good form at the moment. We will need to play well and get back to doing what we know we can do."

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Huddersfield's Start: "There were good signs from them last season. Their level of performance was very good. They absolutely deserve to be where they are at the moment.
"They have a good squad and rotate the forward four. They are serious contenders, and have played some really tough games as well, so I think you have to look at it that way."
"You only have to look at some of the other fancied teams. Sheffield Wednesday won at the weekend, but didn't start so well. Newcastle didn't start well and Derby are finding it difficult at the moment, as are Aston Villa.
"I think most people generally feel, with so many games in this division, the league will start to work itself out over a period of time. But there are always going to be teams that surprise you a little bit; I suppose a little bit like ourselves last season."
David Wagner's Impact: "I think the difference in Huddersfield to last season is that they’ve recruited well and very early in the summer.
"Some of players that he’s brought in have got used to the way he wants to play and they’ve had a good pre-season. They worked very well together and have a lot of the same philosophies.
"There is pressure on them being top of the division, but I would imagine it’s an incredibly happy camp that they’ve got there. You would always want that type of pressure and the benefits of being where they are far outweigh any pressures of being up there."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here