Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hemed-charlton-ld229-2837197_478x359.jpg

Tomer Hemed celebrates.
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 6th December 2015
by James Hilsum
I came onto the pitch with the aim of winning the game and I’m happy that I did it."
Tomer Hemed
Tomer Hemed was delighted to come on and score the crucial third goal in Brighton & Hove Albion’s thrilling 3-2 victory over Charlton Athletic.
The Israeli international scored his first goal in nine Albion appearances and spoke of his relief after seeing the ball hit the back of the net.
He said, “I came onto the pitch with the aim of winning the game and I’m happy that I did it.
“We were surprised with the start of the game, but at half-time we knew that it all depended on us. We knew that if we scored a quick goal then we could win the game.
“We knew we had the quality to win this game, so the most important thing was that everyone at half-time believed that we could still get the three points.
“I thought the keeper had saved it [Hemed's goal] but when I saw it go in I was very happy. I was very happy that we came back to win the game and for me to score the goal.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The striker has been pleased with his overall contribution to the team in recent weeks despite not finding the net, and says the belief in him shown from the fans and Chris Hughton was a confidence boost.
“As a striker you know that not every shot goes in and sometimes it’s very difficult. I feel that I have done the best that I can to help the team win games and I was still involved in many goals.
“My goals haven’t come, but I know that I can score in every game. You can always help the team in other ways, but today it was with the goal.
“I was happy to have the support from the manager because you know that people appreciate your work and the fans always give me a good feeling if I don’t score. They see that I am giving everything to help the team win.”
The Seagulls now look ahead to matches against second placed Middlesbrough and third placed Derby in two of their next three games, which also includes a trip to Queens Park Rangers.
Hemed insists the squad are not daunted by the challenge and says the aim is to get through the festive period with their unbeaten record still intact.
“We know that the next three games are going to be very difficult and we want to go and do the same job to take three points. We just need to keep doing what we have been.
“Our target is to stay unbeaten during these games and we will do everything possible to achieve that, but all we are focusing on now is the next game.”
[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h]SATURDAY 19TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 12.30PM

[h=3]ALBION V IPSWICH TOWN
[/h]TUESDAY 29TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS**
[/h]FRIDAY 1ST JANUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here