blackie-l229-2838913_478x359.jpg

Jay Blackie
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
10:39 7th December 2015
by James Hilsum
It was such an amazing day and the experience was brilliant."
Jay Blackie
Brighton & Hove Albion women’s captain Jay Blackie reflected on a truly memorable occasion, as the side beat Charlton Athletic 2-0 at the Amex yesterday.The skipper broke the deadlock after nine minutes with a fine header and praised the determination of her team-mates to secure the three points.
She said, “It was such an amazing day and the experience was brilliant. I’m so proud and pleased for everyone.
“The crowd helped us so much. I said to the girls that the support is there for you. Let’s go and do it and show them exactly what we’re made of.
“I was really confident ahead of the game. We’d had such a great week of preparation and the intensity in training was the highest it’s ever been.
“Looking at the girls, we all wanted this and it wasn’t going to be taken away from us.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Blackie was surprised to see her header nestle in the top corner and explained how crucial Charlotte Gurr's second was, which came just before half-time.“I thought it was going over and I was ready to claim for a corner! At first I just froze, but then I wanted to celebrate with the crowd and all the staff. That’s why I went over to James [Marrs] and Lee [Hayes] because we’re all in this together.
“The second goal was so important because it just deflates Charlton. The whole time it’s 1-0 they can always get back into the game and they’ve got some very good attacking players.”
The result sees Albion return to the top of the Women’s Premier League Southern Division and the captain feels that destiny is back in their own hands.
“It’s a huge win. We go back to the top of the league and we’ve cancelled out Charlton’s game in hand, because even if they win it, we’re level on points. It’s in our hands now and we want to go all the way.”

[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h]SATURDAY 19TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 12.30PM

[h=3]ALBION V IPSWICH TOWN
[/h]TUESDAY 29TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS**
[/h]FRIDAY 1ST JANUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here