Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Official middle-aged man's Craft Beer thread ****

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Lewes based Beak Brewery have taken the site next to the Prince Albert to create ‘Beak Mrkt’

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Would love this.

Went on a trip to Bristol a few weeks back and Brighton is very much missing a large Craft beer scene.
??? is it? a couple of breweries and the many options available across many pubs. in some you cant get away from heavily hopped IPAs that seem to be called craft beer.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
??? is it? a couple of breweries and the many options available across many pubs. in some you cant get away from heavily hopped IPAs that seem to be called craft beer.
True, was talking more from an independent taproom/breweries perspective.

Outside of UnBarred and Lost+Found there’s not many, compared to a dozen+ in Bristol.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Quick heads-up for the Unbarred Easter Beer Trail 2024 :cheers:

Screenshot_20240328_082613_Drive.jpg

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
In case anyone is interested, there are only a couple of days left on Siren's latest crowdfunding effort.

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/sir...aign=Announcement+Bar+-+Crowdfunding+now+live

You can get 150% of any contribution you make to spend in their online shop or as a bar tab for their new Reading bar (note: you won't get the credit until August).

I regularly order from them so have chucked in £500 to basically pre-pay for my beer for the next 12 months

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I noticed that Beak got the go ahead for their market and tap room thingy. I also noticed the police objected to off-sales but a compromise was made r whereby they could off-sale until 20:30. What’s the issue with selling booze for consumption off the site? There’s numerous places in that area which already do this?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here