Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/t Sea World Florida. Anyone been?

Beezer

Feb 27, 2013
I too saw the documentary, and made me think about ever going again as have been to sea world a few times, told by my travel agent wife that the whale show is closed at the moment.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
We saw "Shimu" at Seaworld in Orlando at Xmas 2003 - blimey 10 years ago now !!
Also swam with dolphins a Discovery Cove.
Neither really floated my boat - okay, but not awesome - but everyone tastes are different.

Agreed, the rides are fun, especially if you're in the front row - Kracken at S/W was splendid.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My daughter must have watched Free Willie a thousand times when she was little. That's enough for me with them buggers.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Go to the water park opposite if you have kids.....Aquatica, awesome fun!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Go to the water park opposite if you have kids.....Aquatica, awesome fun!

To be honest I thought it was pretty poor after doing the Disney water parks and not that much there, plus you need to be there around 0830 or it is full.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
r
To be honest I thought it was pretty poor after doing the Disney water parks and not that much there, plus you need to be there around 0830 or it is full.

there are loads of rides there and the rapids are brilliant,we went in February and it was pretty quite there so no queuing...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
WTF are you on about now Saint Barrel of Fun

I'm talking about the ridiculous treatment of wild animals for easily pleased morons like the Beach Hut family.

Ooh look. It can balance a fish on his nose. I wonder how he got here? An Oceanic version of XFactor or perhaps fairy dust?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Some good rides in the park. But the idea of killer whales, sea lions and (I recall) a walrus being kept there and taught to perform tricks for the benefit of entertaining tourists never sat comfortably with me to be honest.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
One of the best theme parks in Orlando in my opinion. The shows are fantastic, and yes they have some cracking roller coasters there too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've probably been 10 times or so over the years but became increasingly uncomfortable with it. My three year old is crazy about sea creatures of all kinds and he'd love it, but on our two visits with him we've not gone to Sea World, and I just don't think we're likely to go back.

I haven't seen Black Fish but I know what it's all about. I have often wrangled with the good in terms of marine research funded by tourist Sea World dollars and I do believe there is a significant benefit there, but it still doesn't sit easily with me.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
It's animal cruelty and people lap it up. Can't get my head around it. These animals are intelligent too, I can't believe it's taken this long for a documentary like Blackfish to come along. But well done them.

Have taken the family a couple of times but have just watched a film called Blackfish which is quite shocking.
It concerns the general treatment of the killer whales at the park but specifically the fact that they got a whale from another park knowing it had killed a trainer and then it killed another one at Orlando and they tried to cover it all up.

(Apologies as I'm still a pc dinosaur but there is a trailer for the film if anyone can put a link up thanks)

Went out 35 years ago found the whole thing quite sad. Same goes for the zoo and other animal attractions,the sooner we have eradicated all animals the sooner the suffering stops! We can then get on with the proper job of destroying each other.:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here