[News] O.J. Simpson dead

If there is a heaven or Hell

• Total voters

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Acquitted by a jury 🤷‍♂️
Widely considered one of the most famous and high-profile miscarriages of justice in legal history.

Was found guilty in civil court. Subsequently a felon for other violent crime. Even before his death, he was openly called a “murderer” without fear of legal action.

Wrote a book called “If I did it”, with “if” in tiny font, detailing exactly how the crime would’ve occurred.

You’re on your own on this one, Ian.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
You’re on your own on this one, Ian.
No, he is not, IMO @Lenny Rider is right. OJ was NOT guilty of murdering Nicole Simpson and Ronald Goldman as judged by a Criminal Court jury. He was acquitted by the State. Civil trials are private cases and entirely different, the burden of proof is much lower for one thing - OJ was sued partially and successfully by Simpson’s family.

(As for ‘going to ‘hell’ or ‘heaven’, I don’t really believe in that naive and reductive image of ‘floating in the clouds or burning in a fiery pit’ description of an afterlife - even if I did, I certainly wouldn’t claim to be the arbiter and judge of whether a deceased person should go to one or the other!)

Last edited:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

Please tell me this is how he died.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
No, he is not, IMO @Lenny Rider is right. OJ was NOT guilty of murdering Nicole Simpson and Ronald Goldman as judged by a Criminal Court jury. He was acquitted by the State. Civil trials are private cases and entirely different, the burden of proof is much lower for one thing - OJ was sued partially and successfully by Simpson’s family.
you know what he means, your being a tad pompous and contradictory.
(As for ‘going to ‘hell’ or ‘heaven’, I don’t really believe in that naive and reductive image of ‘floating in the clouds or burning in a fiery pit’ description of an afterlife - even if I did, I certainly wouldn’t claim to be the arbiter and judge of whether a deceased person should go to one or the other!)
Fairy’nough
I’ll put you down as frying pan.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
you know what he means, your being a tad pompous and contradictory.

Fairy’nough
I’ll put you down as frying pan.
I was responding to the suggestion that @Lenny Rider was ‘on his own’ - I posted to say he’s not - that would have been my response too.

Seriously- give your head a wobble mate and calm down - don’t ask for people’s opinions if you only want a response you can get your head around. It is not unnecessarily contradictory and certainly not ‘pompous‘ to say - OJ was found not guilty by a criminal jury. It doesn’t matter what I think, that’s a fact! - Me, personally, I don’t based my judgment of people’s innocence or guilt based on kangaroo courts or trial in the media by public opinion. Sorry if you find that difficult to accept. I also find it a ‘tad’ distasteful to start a thread about someone like this the day he has died.

As for the poll - a bit rich you suggesting I’m going to ’hell’ for basically disagreeing with you, when your hostility toward those that believe in any kind of religious narrative like that has been well documented on various threads over the years - why you would even have a poll anyway about something you have routinely mocked is bizarre to say the least.🤷‍♂️

I’m putting thread on ignore so I don’t see the numerous pile on ‘likes’ your post calling me ‘pompous’ for daring to state an opinion and suggestion I belong in your version of Hell will no doubt attract. 🙄

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I was responding to the suggestion that @Lenny Rider was ‘on his own’ - I posted to say he’s not - that would have been my response too.

Seriously- give your head a wobble mate and calm down - don’t ask for people’s opinions if you only want a response you can get your head around. It is not unnecessarily contradictory and certainly not ‘pompous‘ to say - OJ was found not guilty by a criminal jury. It doesn’t matter what I think, that’s a fact! - Me, personally, I don’t based my judgment of people’s innocence or guilt based on kangaroo courts or trial in the media by public opinion. Sorry if you find that difficult to accept.
Right'o
I also find it a ‘tad’ distasteful to start a thread about someone like this the day he has died.
People regularly post R.I.P threads the day people die.
Someone else asked for a poll, so I obliged and added it.
Maybe that is distasteful, however I think O.J was.
As for the poll - a bit rich you suggesting I’m going to ’hell’ for basically disagreeing with you, when your hostility toward those that believe in any kind of religious narrative like that has been well documented on various threads over the years - why you would even have a poll anyway about something you have routinely mocked is bizarre to say the least.🤷‍♂️
I was joking, out of the frying pan into the fire, stop over thinking things.
I’m putting thread on ignore so I don’t see the numerous pile on ‘likes’ your post calling me ‘pompous’ for daring to state an opinion and suggestion I belong in your version of Hell will no doubt attract. 🙄
When do you not compile an essay.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here