Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Not sure why everyone’s so upset about results on the pitch

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The whole profit thing is irrelevant . . .TB has bank rolled us for years, its just efficient accounting . . . . I'm sure funds are and have been available for the right players at all times. . . .that has not and is not the current problem.

If RDZ doesn't understand that, he needs a better translator, or a better brain. . . IMHO he's done exceptionally well with us, the wheels are on the bus but we've got a slow puncture and its his wheel. . . . Whats dissapointing is he doesn't appear to want to fix it . . .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A lot of the frustration is down to getting to tonked every other game. Can name so many now: Villa, Luton, Roma, Fulham, City, Bournemouth, any others?

Wolves at the Amex took the p1ss out of us second half, our defensive work was a disgrace.
AEK, I thought they outplayed us home and away. God knows how they didn’t knock up a cricket score in Athens.
West Ham at the Amex, our naive/arrogant first half set up.
Everton away, one sided, how the fck did we get a point.
Arse and Abu Dhabi … 4x roll over and have tummy tickled. No plan to frustrate.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Lol…..I’ve obviously misjudged you …….or the definition of working class 🤔
I’m not really sure why you’re turning a light hearted thread into Who Do You Think You Are, but the point’s clearly sailed over your head.

I go away a lot and, when I go, I go with a bunch of lads from 18-60 years old, with no airs and graces and a love of a good drink and a joke. Most spend a large proportion of their disposable income on the Albion. They don’t do it for balance sheets and management consultant’s reports, do they?

Proper middle class people grow up around rugby, tennis, sailing and golf clubs. They don’t come near football whether it’s Whitehawk or the Albion in the Prem.

Maybe I should just sign off each post with “lol” and a Union flag emoji?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Did we start with 9 under 23s today with 4 teenagers?

People need a serious dose of perspective. Our model of developing youngsters is going to come with a few dips in form along the way.
But that was through choice in fairness. Could easily have fielded an older, more experienced line up as well

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But that was through choice in fairness. Could easily have fielded an older, more experienced line up as well
I wasn’t suggesting it was completely forced on us, but youngsters getting first team experience and minutes will help them in the long run.

Was Van Hecke injured / taken ill in the warm up? That couldn’t have helped plans either.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Imagine how lethargic that team would have been.

Oh we don't have to imagine - we just have to be able to remember Thursday.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I wasn’t suggesting it was completely forced on us, but youngsters getting first team experience and minutes will help them in the long run.

Was Van Hecke injured / taken ill in the warm up? That couldn’t have helped plans either.
JPvH was declared out at the press conference where we also said Gilmour was available.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’m not really sure why you’re turning a light hearted thread into Who Do You Think You Are, but the point’s clearly sailed over your head.

I go away a lot and, when I go, I go with a bunch of lads from 18-60 years old, with no airs and graces and a love of a good drink and a joke. Most spend a large proportion of their disposable income on the Albion. They don’t do it for balance sheets and management consultant’s reports, do they?

Proper middle class people grow up around rugby, tennis, sailing and golf clubs. They don’t come near football whether it’s Whitehawk or the Albion in the Prem.

Well the emoji I originally posted has gone way over your head ….also .you’ll note the one that I clicked against your post (a haha), which I thought was in line with your “light hearted post”… sorry if I’ve touched a nerve…I do indeed think your original post was as you say …as was mine …not sure I have a union flag emoji 🤔

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Well the emoji I originally posted has gone way over your head …..you’ll note the one also that I clicked against your post, which I thought was in line with your “light hearted post”… sorry f I’ve touched a nerve
Not really, it just seemed an odd direction to take the thread.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m guessing that everyone being sarky about the £100m+ profit wasn’t around in the 90s, and has no recollection of us scraping along on zero money at Withdean.
I want this club to exist (and be thriving) in 10 years’ time (and beyond, obvs). I don’t want the strategy that has been so successful for the past decade to suddenly be ditched. De Zerbi is still learning - and he may have to carry on that learning elsewhere - but let’s not criticise the club for being prudent. Especially given our past 😊
Indeed. Entitlement at it's finest. Winging for perfection. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

As I sang in 1986:

The working class can kiss my arse
I've got my PhD at last.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I can't remember what it feels like to win.

And now we have left ourselves too much to do to have any meaningful target.

I wish this season would be put out of its misery, and we can look forward to the pre-season friendlies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here