Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Night coppers

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The police numbers were decimated between 2010 & 2019, at least 21,000 down as well as the rest of the Criminal Justice System. All small police stations have gone, sold off, money into government coffers.
Except that.....wasn't it only last year we had that copper sat in his car in Lancing when a member of the public reported shoplifting and the assault on a female at a local co-op (about 40 seconds drive away) and the copper refused to go because he "wasn't response" and if he went to the incident he "would have to deal with it".

Never saw any follow-up to say that the copper had been kicked out (a constable's priority is "the preservation of life") so I assume he wasn't. Not a good look is it? Report on Today this morning echoing OOM's comments that despite paying all his dues, the police do nothing when he has cause to contact them.

Get the PCSOs out of cars and get them walking the beat, working in local communities, like they are supposed to be doing.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Thank you.
I was chatting with a Crown Court judge about 20 years ago and he said “If someone comes before you for assaulting a police officer, they should expect to go to jail.”
That would be for Common Assault, the lowest of the three categories. This scumbag was done for Grevious Bodily Harm, the highest, and I am at a loss to see how immediate custody wasn’t imposed “pour encourager les autres”.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Except that.....wasn't it only last year we had that copper sat in his car in Lancing when a member of the public reported shoplifting and the assault on a female at a local co-op (about 40 seconds drive away) and the copper refused to go because he "wasn't response" and if he went to the incident he "would have to deal with it".

Never saw any follow-up to say that the copper had been kicked out (a constable's priority is "the preservation of life") so I assume he wasn't. Not a good look is it? Report on Today this morning echoing OOM's comments that despite paying all his dues, the police do nothing when he has cause to contact them.

Get the PCSOs out of cars and get them walking the beat, working in local communities, like they are supposed to be doing.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Some of these coppers look like theyve barely come out of nappies. Is this represenatative in the city so many young coppers?
Yes it is, as a recently retired cop I can say there is little real experience left on frontline policing, mostly young kids with minimum experience burning out in matter of a couple of years. A consequence of only recruiting a very small demographic of graduates or those willing to study for a policing 'degree ' meant many people not fitting into that narrow category were put off joining. Meanwhile conditions on the frontline got so bad anyone with experience moved on or got promoted out of there. They cocked up the recruiting for about the last 10-15yrs and here we are left with kids in uniform.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here