Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] New media thingummy add-on installed

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've just installed the first non-stock add-on to the new site and it's a media player thing.

You probably won't notice most of what it does, which means media from a wide range of sites (full list here) will embed and play from the posting of a URL.

What you will notice though, and may find quite useful, is that you can pop out a video that is on the site on both desktop (icon to the lower right of the embed) and mobile (down arrow below the embed) such that the video will detach from the page, allowing you to continue to scroll and read the remainder of the page and still keep the video in view. Note: the video will still close if you navigate away from the page.

Try it for yourself...

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Without replies in this thread, it's hard to really try scrolling with the video popped out. Heck, this reply alone won't make much difference.

Even if I throw in some extra returns.

See?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oooh,a bit like Sky Go. I lOVE the way that embeds over whatever else you're viewing. I quite regularly have that in the corner whilst I'm reading or posting my drivel on here.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've just installed the first non-stock add-on to the new site and it's a media player thing.

You probably won't notice most of what it does, which means media from a wide range of sites (full list here) will embed and play from the posting of a URL.

What you will notice though, and may find quite useful, is that you can pop out a video that is on the site on both desktop (icon to the lower right of the embed) and mobile (down arrow below the embed) such that the video will detach from the page, allowing you to continue to scroll and read the remainder of the page and still keep the video in view. Note: the video will still close if you navigate away from the page.

Try it for yourself...

If the players can pick up what he wants from them as quickly as he is learning English we’ll be absolutely fine!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Using Firfox. What is the number in brackets in the page name tab, top right hand corner. Tab name (5) The Big Board / North Stand Chat. Saw it earlier when it was (4).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Using Firfox. What is the number in brackets in the page name tab, top right hand corner. Tab name (5) The Big Board / North Stand Chat. Saw it earlier when it was (4).
How many notifications and/or PMs you have unread, ie the same as the red number(s) towards the top right of your screen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here