Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] N1A a good place for young teens?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Hello All.

Looking to buy half season tickets for myself and two boys 14/12 at the back of N1A. We're used to the more sedate settings of the East stand (albeit normally towards the away fans). Two questions:

1) Will everyone be standing for most of the match?
2) Will it be VERY sweary?

Cheers.

Edit: It'll be just to the left of the guy painting (IGNORE THE ARROW!)

view-jpg.39942

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Been a while since I was there for a match but it was sweary and standing right at the back last time I was there. That said it was no more sweary than a young teen would usually hear at a match.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
That bit of N1A some people stand at the back but the majority sit. In terms of atmosphere its probably a bit more lively than the East but if you're used to sitting next to the away fans you'll probably find it less 'sweary' if anything. There's also easy access to the toilets and the kiosk which is a bit of a bonus.

FWIW I used to sit in that block with my son and he turned out ok :). He was about 8 when we first started sitting there, he's 17 now and we moved a bit further over into the North to the standing section a few years ago for a bit more atmosphere.

Last edited:

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Didn't think the club were selling any season tickets in the North Stand due to it apparently being at capacity or has that changed?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I sit there and am rather sweary, sorry in advance.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I used to sit in the East Upper and found a morgue more lively, so I moved into the North West corner when it first opened. The NW corner is a much better atmosphere and you pick up the chants / songs from the North stand and Upper West. Good access to/from the train station as well.
Lots of families in this stand, but sometimes it can get lively and sweary...often when you get a rubbish ref - as like Tuesday night. The only downside, the NW food outlet is utter pony, never stocks any hot food and no beer served there either.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Your boys will have heard all those words before. If anything, it'll be a good education for them in that they'll learn what's appropriate in one area of life is quite different to another.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I sit in N1A and have done since it opened. Got good views imo. No one stands all game. It's a bit sweary but not too bad, nothing more than a bunch of teenagers will do amongst themselves. Took my youngest daughter there from 10 onwards a couple of games a season.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I sit there and am rather sweary, sorry in advance.
Me 2 :D. Sometimes there's quite young kids in (5-8) with mums or dads but they mostly don't come in the area which is good as means I don't have to moderate my language.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
I sit a few rows down from you, there are a few teenagers around us. They have taught me some new swear words ;)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Your boys will have heard all those words before. If anything, it'll be a good education for them in that they'll learn what's appropriate in one area of life is quite different to another.
"What's said at football stays at football" as @Dick Knights Mumm remarked to me 25 years ago when we started bringing our lads to the matches, and the occasional F bomb was manifested after beer and shitty refereeing.

Mind you if the boys had reciprocated it would have been a clip alongside, and possibly a thick ear!

theboybilly

I've spent the last 4 seasons in the WSL but before that I was perched just 6 seats in from that lad painting (back row) I enjoyed my time there, its a decent view and people there are generally fine. Of course things may have changed in 4 years but I would imagine it's much the same. Use the North Stand concourse as the kiosk upstairs is (at least was) dry for alcohol. You might get fed up with schoolkids chucking their rubbish from the shelf :)

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
It’s a good stand for taking kids. When I went it often had the ladies team or academy players families in there. You’ll enjoy it 👍🏻

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here